+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Aug 23, 2011
Thank you to all who have been re-posting our articles. We are agency representatives working together with ACNA and we are hearing all of your stories loud and clear. We will continue to do our best to publicize your stories so that hopefully the Immigration Minister will start listening and see what he has done.

Although we don't support a strike from work as we don't want you to lose your jobs, we fully support public demonstrations to show your dissatisfaction.

It is terrible that Jason Kenney lied right to the faces of caregiver advocates and did the exact opposite of what he said. Employers are paying more and this was supposed to mean caregivers got more protection and faster processing. This never happened.

Good luck to all in your fight for justice in this matter.

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
TORONTOLIVEIN CAREGIVER. - thank you for your support. we really need people like you guys who believe that what were fighting for is just right.

Its sad to think that there is thousand of LIC in this country but it seems like they dont care at all are they contented with this kind of job forever? being treated like we dont even matter in this country. When are they gonna start opening there eyes and fight for there right? when its there turn already to wait for there OWP and PR? and the processing time is more than what it is now. Everybody should do there bit and get involve bcoz what we were asking for is for every LIC benefit not just for few. They cant just wait in the sideline and see what will happen. There is nothing to be afraid of, we are not asking for any TROUBLE. All we want is for our voices to be heard, a PEACEFUL PROTEST. A CHANGE THAT WILL BENEFIT US, NOT THE CHANGE THAT MR. KENNEY IMPLEMENTED WHICH JUST BENEFIT THEM. Im a may 2010 applicant i could just wait till my OWP arrived and dont get involved with this but i wont do that. I would rather be a PART OF THIS than let this unhumane treatment to continue.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
I have applied for my PR since february 2010 and i really miss my Lc2 dependants backhome! my mother and my uncle died last year and missed the burials because i was on implied status that time and cant get re entry visa this is because of the slow processing time of my open work permit everyday is like a torture to me. We need to go on strike enough is enough we suffered so much already because of this cic crap processing time,

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Thanks TorontoLiveincare!

Unfortunately a lot of nannies are afraid to speak aloud, afraid of losing thei jobs, afraid to be not able to help their families anymore. But if the government help us, at least with our OWP, everything could be easier, the employers would be less abusive, pay a properly wage, extra hour and never treat us as a slave.
We just want some answers, why Jason had promised lies? Or at least, I believe he should come to us and explain why our process is not important as a refugee or skilled work?
It's important, if we do not care of all those kids, disables, who will? the parents will have to miss they work the government will have to provide more day care, more assisted living places. We are not asking too much.
If we received a OWP after our 2 years, this will make more nannies to come, the families should not be afraid, it will have more nannies available if the program works better...
We are nannies and our protest will be in peace.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I broke my sons heart because of his long processing time for owp.it's his birthday this September 12.I promised him that I will be home on his birthday.since I don't have an owp and I'm on implied status now I can't go home.my son cried and get mad at me.for the past 3 months I am collecting some recycles from my friends house just to save some mOney to send to my son for his birthday coz I don't have a job now.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@sweetchad- same thing here my son's bday is on sept 6 and i misses i again, i just lied to him and said that my renewed paassport is not yet here, i pity my son so hard. Lets do the protrest

applelove

Apr 15, 2011
ohhhhhhhh Sweethad :( :( :( :( Reading your post made me cry big time! I can't believe what's really happening. I've been following this forum since it was only 8 pages and seldom post or comment. Boyzone and Sweetchad story broke my heart big time. I'm one of those lucky ladies in terms of employers, but I'm not here to bragged about it, in fact I can sincerely relate as I'm one of those applicants of Sept 2010, who is patiently waiting. Yes I'm waiting too! I want to go home and visit my family but I cant do it, my permit will expire this December and processing a re-entry visa is taking like forever as well. All of us are very disappointed of what's going on, just when we are almost finish in our timeline, that's when they gonna add some more months. Do they think we are crazy and deserve this kind of treatment? It's sickening and very depressing big time! I'm sure many applicants here sacrificed to finish the 24 months program without going home in order for them to submit their applications on time to avoid delays, but look what's going on! Don't we deserve explanations atleast, so it will ease our minds? I'm MAD, I really am. Dealing this crap is affecting my performance at work. My co-caregivers, I feel for you!

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
i have one suggestion, How about if we let our media in the Philippines help us to disseminate this problem to our kababayans, we do all know that many of us here in this forum are FILPINOS, maybe our media will help us to broadcast this problem and plan of protest..and i know most of us here always tuned in to our local media everyday , like TV PATROL ang 24 ORAS...'cause if our local media will back up us to this proceeding, maybe it's a big help to what we are aiming for and to hear our hindrances to the people of CIC ... :) :)

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TorontoLiveInCare.com said:
Hi bakerfrench,

Thanks for clarifying the contact phone number for us.

Sounds like from your conversation with the Thorncliffe Neighbourhood Office that this is not exactly an easy process.

Can you confirm your last sentence; did Maria say that even if you apply for appeal it is not guarantee if on implied status?
Just confirm my last sentence, the current situation is even if we are on implied status, there is no guarantee we can get the OHIP extension. So I decide to apply for the work permit extension this month. I just can't wait for the worst thing to happen in the last minute.

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
@ Sarah Cunanan, Thank You. :)

If any one here or knew somebody who are TV PATROLER of ABS CBN, we can give them feed back of our plans , problems and concerns .... :) :)

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
We should get in touch with a reporter from Canada, I think people here in Canada should know what is going on, we need more support.
Our problem is turning a humanitarian problem, it's a canadian issue and the politicians from this country are closing their eyes for it.
Someone knows a way to get in touch with CBC, TV news, global tv...
An interview with 3 nannies from here will make a first page...

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
This is just sad and miserable. yes, each and everyone of us have our own sad stories dealing with the long processing of our OWP myself havent been able to send any money to my family back home for 5 months now bcoz im jobless and on implied status. Everynight i cant sleep thinking of them hoping that they still have some food to eat. Im just hoping and praying every week that i hope ill get my OWP but its getting hopeless already. This cant continue anymore. Why are they doin this to us after all the hard worked weve done all that 3 yrs, we cant even have e.i benifits bcoz were on implied status. see how canadian government and jason kenney treat us. were just slave for them that they use. but were not entitled to any rights. This has to stop now.

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
I will try to get a list of Filipino news media together and a list of Canadian news stations. For sure they
will want to speak to us.
I don't even know that OWP took 6 months once ....OMG...when was that ??????????

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Why not trying to contact susan mclleland remember her? The one who made stories of us ?