waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Bambiegirl said:
You're on "implied status" (i'm assuming you're waiting for the OWP and PR)...The thing with being implied status---cant go out of the country, no health/medical card, can't claim EI if unemployed..in short there's NO BENEFITS at all...
How I wish being an implied status have the same
Benefits as having a wp.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just a thought guys.. i sent work permit application mar 20,2011. received mar 23. i cant do it online(90 days passed since my old permit has expired). cic processng says "138 days, processng applications recievd mar 12" its less than 138 days today and d immigration phoned me. how can they be on time/earlier on other applications but not on our owp. hmmm. maybe they just want us to be caregivers longer. whooa.

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I phoned CIC again this afternoon and this time a woman answered the phone and I asked how long should I need to wait before I get my OWP, and "she said probably another month or two" and I asked why It take soo long she said " due to: lots of applicants for April 2010" and I said what am I gonna do, I been out of work since April 30, 2011 already, yes I was approved to claim EI Benefits, but Yet I can claim it because they want me to submit my my new open permit as they already expired since Jan.2011, and she said find another employer under live-in caregiver program, so you can apply a new working permit. Then i said to her, their is no point of doing that as employers now won't sign anymore especially if they know that I am just waiting for my Open work Permit and also it take longer time before everything thru...so she said so I guess you better wait for your OWP for a month or two!
This is Horrible, why they do this to us??????? Im almost run out of money!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
I live in Edmonton (AB).
I sent application for renew WP (same employer) on March 7th (recieved March 9th) and still have not any call from CIC or letter or Work Permit :eek: :'(
And I sent application for PR and OWP on Aug 16th 2010.
Just waiting. No SIN, health card
Still working for my employer, but part time

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
yes, sad to say but thats what they are trying to do to caregivers they want us to work as a live in for as long as they can make us because they dont want to bring a lot of caregivers in anymore including there family because they are worrying that the economy of canada wont be able to afford all the services they are giving the residents. and thats what most of the cic agent say to me too whenever i call them and ask about my paper. easy for them to say that we can apply for a work permit as a live in caregiver again while waiting for our OWP and PR. but the thing is why do we need to work as a live in and pay $150 again for a new WP if we already payed $700 for OWP AND PR 15-16 months ago. we havent even receive any of it why do we need to apply for another one and wait for 5 months too. they still try to make money out of us even though they know that they put us in a situation where we couldnt work and no benefits. they have no conscience. dont they get tried of the reason they are giving us that theres a lot of application? ive been hearing that since december..and to think they are already on a march 21 2010 at that month and all of a sudden they freeze it. and just moved it to april 3 2010 now.after half a year. thats very unusual. and yeah btw the ecas is only on april 3, 2010 but some of us caregivers that applied on the middle of april recieve there paper already isnt that an obvious evidence that they are lying to us? they are making us believe something thats not true so that they can freeze it into certain time and say they have a lot of applications, but did anyone from immigration even explain it or even let us know that they are having the "backlogs". they could have at least post an information in there website about it. a lot of us didnt question the lenght of the processing times when they started to add month after months to the timeline because we thought its not gonna get to this and they took that silence as a path to take advantage of the situation and add more months to it.so if we just take all the reason they are giving us all the time then im afraid that LCP is just a way of modern slavery.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I think this goes to show that these officers do not even bother to check the documents they have on hand :mad: Anyway at least problem was threshed out.

sarah cunanan said:
they phoned me 1st 2 ask why i have a work permit application (same employer) if i have pr application sent on july. he asked me too why i did apply again (i applied work permit same employer oct 2010,got denied jan 2011). i explained to him i need new permit bcoz implied stat doesnt mean *censored word* to other govt agencies. (not the exact words but u know what i mean) he said he'll talk 2 his supervisor but his supervisor said no and they will just send me a letter that he says i can use to apply health,etc. after the call,he then call back &said he review my papers again,i include lmo there. he said "i see,u got lmo,ur applying workpermit". i said yes. i think he thinks thats the same papers when u apply open work permit. then,he told me, you're approve for workpermit

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, does anybody knows if It's safe to live Canada after I get my OWP?
I haven't gone back home since I arrived (3 and 1/2 years ago).
When I call cic they say that they don't advice caregivers to leave, because there is no guarantee that we can re-enter in Canada.
Have you ever Heard of anyone that was unable to enter in Canada?

Thanks.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
You can as long as yiu will get a re entry visa

foreverinlove

Jun 10, 2011
just want to share my friend's timeline:
PR and OWP received by CIC -Feb 28,2010
OWP received - January 28, 2011
PR received - July 28, 2011
Family backhome son and husband received a letter from CE manila requesting for their passport for visa stamping. Just 6 weeks after they had medical. Hope this helps.

Panda28

May 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!!!! finally your are out of this game!! But tell us?
Did you have a second medical exam? and did you have a interview?

Again congratulation!! ;D

Fiesta_class

Jul 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreverinlove said:
just want to share my friend's timeline:
PR and OWP received by CIC -Feb 28,2010
OWP received - January 28, 2011
PR received - July 28, 2011
Family backhome son and husband received a letter from CE manila requesting for their passport for visa stamping. Just 6 weeks after they had medical. Hope this helps.
here is my timeline , and also as a proof to someone in here!

My LC1 in Canada applied owp/pr sometime December 2009 or January 2010
PR of LC1 processed by CIC sometime April 2010
My LC1 rceived OWP Janaury 2011
We received LC2 kit October 2010 and sent to CEM November 2010
LC2 received AOR and File# December 2010
LC2 received medical request March 2011
LC2 received PPR and sent to CEM thru DHL May 31,2011
We received our Passport with Visa thru DHL last July 26,2011
GOODLUCK TO ALL OF YOU HERE!!!

@ Rosellyalung,
I have replied to you in the other thread,I can feel how u feel as i have read some of your posts here. Keep on praying miracle works in other ways.

Panda28

May 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fiesta_class congratulation!!!

Can you tell me what is LC1 and LC2? I think that is live in caregiver worker and LC2 Family is that true? and is it true that still we made the second medical examination?

Well congratulation for you too!!! I gonna continue to pray that everything coming be just on time!

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
Fiesta_Class,

Congratulation! by the way in the other thread you mention before about the wrong spelling in your visa, did you went to CEM? is it okey now?