+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live In Caregiver- Please Help BCguy, Leon, PMM, any one

HopefulToo

May 11, 2009
I am in Canada under the Live in Caregiver Program. I have visa but was not able to get my work permit. I found new employer but LMO is taking longer to process. Can I go pick up my previous work permit even if the former employer does not need my services now? Should I leave the country and wait for my LMO and new work permit outside of Canada? Or can I wait here in Canada for the result of my LMO and work permit? Thank you very much for whatever help you cand give me.

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
Hi:
Just curious how you were able to get into the country if you did not have an employer? When you were coming through immigration didn't they call your employer to make sure you had one? I just remember when my nanny come from abroad they called me from Vancouver customs to make sure I still needed her services. Did your employer tell them that yes they needed you so you could still enter but really not need you? Are you sure there was even an employer or did the agency perhaps just tell you that there was an employer?
Yes you can get a new employer but will have to wait the 45 days or so it takes..this is the time in ON anyways.. BUT you may have problems when it comes time to apply for PR if they find out that you were not employed by the employer her brought you here.
Good luck to you!