+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in caregiver certificate effective only 3years?

shelzky08

Aug 15, 2010
Hello! I have a sister in dubai and like 5years ago she took caregiver course and now she is in Dubai she wants to apply here. She works as a secretary in there, but she had a certificate of 6months live in caregiver. She wants to apply here as a caregiver, I inquire on the agency but the agency told me that the course is not effective anymore since it was 5years ago and must be at least 3years ago... Is this really true? Its only good for 3years? thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shelzky08 said:
Hello! I have a sister in dubai and like 5years ago she took caregiver course and now she is in Dubai she wants to apply here. She works as a secretary in there, but she had a certificate of 6months live in caregiver. She wants to apply here as a caregiver, I inquire on the agency but the agency told me that the course is not effective anymore since it was 5years ago and must be at least 3years ago... Is this really true? Its only good for 3years? thanks!
Yes, read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/apply-who.asp#training

"At least six months’ training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years