caso

Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ... I will answer you :D although I'm new ( so new that this is my first post !!! )

in proposed FSW point system that will most probably be active in Jan 2013 : the new threshold for Ielts is :
6 in every branch including listening . so if you get L 6 - S 6 - W 6 - R 6 you will be eligible and will be awarded 16 points ( 4 for each )
I hope I answered you ;)
good luck

libfree

Nov 28, 2012
Thank you
but in the new proposed IELTS scores I need to have at least 6.5 in listening, Is that right?
I dont want to get to IELTS exam again :mad:

caso

Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no you dont have to do it again . 6 is enough ( it is the threshold ) ;)
Im sorry i cant put links here, but you can check it in the gazette of cic ( Initially set at CLB/NCLC 7 )

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caso said:
Im sorry i cant put links here, but you can check it in the gazette of cic ( Initially set at CLB/NCLC 7 )
caso said:

u r right caso

virgofq

Feb 6, 2013
Guys,

I am in the similar situation, i scored:

L - 6
R - 7.5
W - 7.5
S - 8

Gazette says "it is anticipated that the threshold would be set at Canadian Language Benchmark 7 (CLB 7)". Sounds like it has not been decided yet only anticipated. I am bit worried my Listening score is on the minimum requirement as currently anticipated, any changes to higher can disqualify my score, wondering if Listening score should be improved or has anyone checked with CIC?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ganman

Jan 16, 2013
@virgofq

As you already pointed out, a band score of 6 in Listening meets the (anticipated) threshold of CLB7. The next level CLB8 requires a 7.5 in Listening - a steep increase from 6. I think it is unlikely that the minimum threshold will get reset from CLB7 to CLB8 (of course, this is my personal opinion). So, in all likelihood, you should be safe.

The other factor to consider is - with your current IELTS scores, you're scoring 22 points out of 24. If you are short of the 67 points and need to improve on the language score, then consider re-taking the IELTS test. If not, you are probably better off with a status quo. If you decide to retake the test, keep in mind that there is a danger of your score going down. Good luck either way!

-Ganman

Ganman

Jan 16, 2013
@virgofq

To the best of my knowledge, a re-attempt will not invalidate your previous results. I think CIC's only requirements are that the test should have been taken in the last 2 years and the minimum required levels should have been met. Additionally, they will not consider results across IELTS tests. This means you can only submit ONE IELTS test result. So, if you end up with lower scores, you can probably use the older test results. The Test Report Form Number on that test result will still be verifiable by CIC as long as it is less than 2 years old.

@obaied - Any particular source for saying re-attempting the test invalidates previous results?

-Ganman