+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIST OF RED FLAGGED COUNTRIES.

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anybody provide me with the list of red-flagged countries ? I want the specific countries ...Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What do you mean by red-flagged countries? Do you mean countries from which it's difficult to obtain a visitor visa to Canada? If so, there's no list.

nepal123

Apr 14, 2012
Cic has not red flagged any country, they have some countries what they say high risk countries for immigration fraud and violation. They have lengthier process for some countries even hardest to get visas for citizens of Afganisthan, Pakistan, Algeria, Nigeria, Iraq and so on.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
What do you mean by red-flagged countries? Do you mean countries from which it's difficult to obtain a visitor visa to Canada? If so, there's no list.
thats what you think....

there are definitely countries where its harder to get a visa from... i could tell you whats common with these countries but you already know that

very similar to profiles that cbsa has (regardless of what passport you have, even if its canadian)

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
I assume he means countries which require fingerprints for TRV
=====================

Beginning in 2013, the Canadian government will begin requesting biometric data from some temporary visitors to the country.

According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), the biometric program will help to strengthen Canadian immigration overall, as it will provide visa officers with more extensive tools for assessing an applicant's request for temporary residence. This data will help legitimate visitors to Canada enter the country with ease while at the same time screening for inadmissible individuals.

CIC expects to begin collecting data in the fall of 2013. Individuals from the following countries will be required to provide data upon entering Canada:

Colombia
Haiti
Jamaica
Albania
Algeria
Democratic Republic of Congo
Eritrea
Libya
Nigeria
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Tunisia
Afghanistan
Bangladesh
Burma (Myanmar)
Cambodia
Egypt
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Laos
Lebanon
Pakistan
Palestinian Authority
Sri Lanka
Syria
Vietnam
Yemen

The proposed biometric system will be similar to ones already put in place by some countries, including the United States. CIC expects that approximately 300,000 applicants will be subject to the requirement in the first year alone

OR

Unless you meant countries with RED-FLAGS ( red color in their flags ) ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_colors_of_national_flags#Red

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much every body for replying. Really appreciate.

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What i meant is : Are there any countries where for different reasons Canada examines applications with more scrutiny? Are 3rd world countries having more difficulties is obtaining visas? It could be due to fraud of some kind? Is Canada impartial in the way they treat all countries or do they have prejudices towards certain ones?

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to know the answer to this question also!!! Like why would a lawyer tell me that even though we are applying for a visitors visa for my Fiance .. he will more the likey get denied .. He is from Libya !! Wat reason would they have to deny him . he has a letter stating that his employment is giving him so long to come visit ... would they just deny him bc of where he is From ???? Horrible !!! :mad:

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada will never deny anyone based on their Country of origin we have one of the most open immigration systems in the world. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has specific guidelines and laws it must follow and if someone does not meet this criteria they can be denied. As far a biometrics this is a requirement in many other countries so Canada is catching up and it is there to protect Canadians. Unfortunately not everyone coming to Canada has their best intentions and we need to be able to track these people. I have personally dealt with many people for medical insurance and in some cases they have no respect for our laws and will commit fraud on every opportunity. I personally feel Canada should require medical insurance for all visitors to Canada, if a county like Cuba can impose this requirement and many western countries also have this requirement I don't think it is a bad thing. I personally welcome biometric requirements to protect Canadians but still feel it is far too little and too late. It is not that I am against tougher laws on immigration I just feel we need to enforce out existing laws more effectively while making it easier for honest people to visit or immigrate to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LibyaLove2012 said:
I would like to know the answer to this question also!!! Like why would a lawyer tell me that even though we are applying for a visitors visa for my Fiance .. he will more the likey get denied .. He is from Libya !! Wat reason would they have to deny him . he has a letter stating that his employment is giving him so long to come visit ... would they just deny him bc of where he is From ???? Horrible !!! :mad:
Unfortunately too many people from his country have abused the visitor visa process in the past - meaning that they have come to Canada on a visitor visa and have overstayed. This is why it is very difficult to obtain a visit visa for those from certain countries. Your fiance is paying the price for all of the visa fraud committed in the past. If everyone was honest in their intentions - we wouldn't have these problems. But they're not.

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Gary Goldshmidt said:
Canada will never deny anyone based on their Country of origin we have one of the most open immigration systems in the world. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has specific guidelines and laws it must follow and if someone does not meet this criteria they can be denied. As far a biometrics this is a requirement in many other countries so Canada is catching up and it is there to protect Canadians. Unfortunately not everyone coming to Canada has their best intentions and we need to be able to track these people. I have personally dealt with many people for medical insurance and in some cases they have no respect for our laws and will commit fraud on every opportunity. I personally feel Canada should require medical insurance for all visitors to Canada, if a county like Cuba can impose this requirement and many western countries also have this requirement I don't think it is a bad thing. I personally welcome biometric requirements to protect Canadians but still feel it is far too little and too late. It is not that I am against tougher laws on immigration I just feel we need to enforce out existing laws more effectively while making it easier for honest people to visit or immigrate to Canada.
This may be true on paper, but in theory it's not so true. As in, you still have some chance but if you've got an Afghani, Iraqi, Somali, etc passport your rejection rate is already at least 99%. Unless you're a millionaire. My husband's TRV was recently rejected, with this on the refusal letter:

Other:
Considering domestic instability in Syria that might induce you to remain in Canada and pull factors that could militate against your return to Syria, on balance you have not satisfied me you are a genuine temporary resident.

So, Canada doesn't reject based on your nationality, eh?

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have clients from Syria and Iraq who have been approved for a Super Visa and are already in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has an obligation to protect Canadian Citizens and Canadian Interests, if you follow the news carefully after the Boston terrorist incident the Canadian Government amended legislation to protect you and me Canadian Citizens. Unfortunately certain countries and legitimate visitors and immigrants are facing more scrutiny when applying, however there are still a lot of Canadian here in Canada from those countries right now.

It is unfortunate that you are personally facing obstacles, I can tell you the rejection rate is not 99% as you indicated and please appreciate that you are living in one of the best Countries in the World that has accepted you and has an obligation to protect you just like all other Canadians. If you feel your application has not been dealt with fairly you can reapply anytime and you also have the right to legal representation. I would suggest that you contact the law firm hosting this site, my clients have used them in the past and were very happy with their services.

Good Luck

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Gary Goldshmidt said:
I have clients from Syria and Iraq who have been approved for a Super Visa and are already in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has an obligation to protect Canadian Citizens and Canadian Interests, if you follow the news carefully after the Boston terrorist incident the Canadian Government amended legislation to protect you and me Canadian Citizens. Unfortunately certain countries and legitimate visitors and immigrants are facing more scrutiny when applying, however there are still a lot of Canadian here in Canada from those countries right now.

It is unfortunate that you are personally facing obstacles, I can tell you the rejection rate is not 99% as you indicated and please appreciate that you are living in one of the best Countries in the World that has accepted you and has an obligation to protect you just like all other Canadians. If you feel your application has not been dealt with fairly you can reapply anytime and you also have the right to legal representation. I would suggest that you contact the law firm hosting this site, my clients have used them in the past and were very happy with their services.

Good Luck
I still don't understand why preventing my husband from meeting my family is protecting Canadians..

Anyways, I don't want to argue about this. I know there's a lot of bureaucracy involved, and I know that the immigration officer is only viewing our case on paper, and can only go by the book. I'm just frustrated that it's so difficult for spouses to get Canadian tourist visas, when any of them could apply for PR at anytime. I think it's unfair, and ridiculous to be honest. Most countries in the world will automatically grant visas and residency to spouses of their citizens, Syria included.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cannot comment on the policies of other countries however based on an independent analysis of policies of developed counties such as U.S., Japan etc... Canada was singled out for having one the most successful and open immigration systems in the world. I do not feel that you have been singled out by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, however mistakes or confusion can occur, no system is perfect.

I would suggest that you get legal representation, as per my previous post the law firm hosting this site has been used by my clients and they were very happy with their services. I trust you will share the same happy experience as my other clients have with their services. You can also obtain a second opinions from other qualified legal professional practicing immigration law within your jurisdiction Citizenship and Immigration Canada has resources to guide you on their web site that are available to you free of charge.

Good Luck

ouihel01

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm the one that started this conversation and i can now affirm that the immigration system in Canada has definitely major thaws. Lets not forget that it is runned by human beings that can have altered opinions about certain countries . Some of them are justifiable and others are based on discrimination or other influences.
Also lets not forget that there could be possible corruption. Its the second time now that we have asked IC a TRV for our Nepalese friend. The 2nd application was much more documented after all the research i have made . We hoped to satisfy the Visa officer that our friend would return to his country after his visit here.I spoke to an immigration lawyer friend who gave me advices. I cant go into all the details and work done but definitely there is something wrong with the system. I also heard that the actual Canadian government (Harper) has something to do with this. This gov is too strict. I understand we must protect our country but this has gone too far.
Also our system penalize honest people because of others that have abused the system. This is also very frustrating.
A lot of time and money was lost in this requst. Can we claim this back from our government? No of course not.
Canada should stop snobbing 3rd world countries, be a bit more humble about their status and also eliminate all possible corruption within their visa offices around the world. Today is Canada day and frankly i dont have much to celebrate about after this negative and sad experience.