+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List all addresses inside and outside of Canada / Residency & Tax section

Jun 14, 2024
Hello,

I read a lot of replies/thread in the forum in connection with the subject matter; but AFAIK it is with reference to paper application, namely question Q10a;
As regards online application, though one is the reflection of the other - only as electronic version, I am still not crystal clear on the approach also because there is no associated explanatory note as in the paper form, in the online form (like "residency means where you lived, worked or studied.." or some such wording).

I refer here to online application, section "Residency & Tax" whereby it states:
List all addresses inside and outside of Canada during your entire 5-year eligibility period.

PERSONAL SITUATION:
===============
I actually have period of travels outside Canada for long periods (10~11 months) with periods inside Canada for about 1~2 months in years 2019/2020 inside my 5 years eligibility period.

MY TAKE ON THIS:
============
My understanding is that -in essence - this section "Residence & Tax" relates to residency with a correlation to tax matters; so my best guess is that what I need to do is to state that for 2019/2020 I was resident outside Canada (thus state the residency address abroad); from 2021 till date state the residency address inside Canada. Yet making sure I leave NO GAPS. As for travels in/out this will be stated in the physical presence calculator.

By doing so, my understanding is that this is consistent approach with no risk of conflict/red flag in view of the fact that stays stated in the physical presence calculator section do not match residency & tax section populated information; reason being purpose-wise the two sections cover different requirements.

Please correct me If I am wrong?
This probably my last point I would like to clear out and would like to have some peace of mind before I sending out my application.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jun 14, 2024
I would like to add that I intend to attach a spreadsheet (PDF) with all in and out travels and addresses in Canada as part of optional documents to be reviewed. Please let me know if this sounds like a plan?
Thanks again

Jun 14, 2024
Extra (minor) question while here: Application check list is not required to attach to online application? Is it correct?
Sorry I might be asking obvious questions here but I want to be on safe side.
Thanks for your understanding.