+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking application issue

A

abdisarockstar

Hello folks!

I recently got my application number and the UCI for my application for permanent residence via Manitoba PNP. I received an email from CIC on Friday mentioning about linking the application to cic.gc.ca so that it is easier to go ahead with the application. I have quoted the email below:

Dear X:

To continue processing your application, you must link your application to an online account.
To link your application to your online account:
Search for “link my application” on Canada.ca and follow the instructions.
Link your application within seven calendar days from the day you receive this letter for faster processing times.
After you create your online account, you will:
get instructions to send us other documents we need
see real-time information about your application status
receive messages from us in your online account
When your application is linked to your account, you will no longer receive messages from us by mail.
If you choose not to link your application:
It could take us longer to process your application.
We will continue communicating with you or your representative by email or regular mail.

However I am trying since Friday to link my application using the family name and first name and UCI and application number and what not but it is not working and says that application cannot be found. Now they have given me 7 days to do so but if it doesnt allow me then how should I link it? did anybody else face the same issue? please help guys! Sad

hijksk

Apr 18, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
20-07-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
IELTS Request
20-07-2017
File Transfer...
20-07-2017
Med's Request
20-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-07-2017
People in the forum said they can link their application before AOR.
I did try but not successfully. Hope it work after this Easter holiday

hijksk

Apr 18, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
20-07-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
IELTS Request
20-07-2017
File Transfer...
20-07-2017
Med's Request
20-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-07-2017
Acknowlegde of receipt

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
BCguy said:
abdisarockstar said:
Hello folks!

I recently got my application number and the UCI for my application for permanent residence via Manitoba PNP. I received an email from CIC on Friday mentioning about linking the application to cic.gc.ca so that it is easier to go ahead with the application. I have quoted the email below:

Dear X:

To continue processing your application, you must link your application to an online account.
To link your application to your online account:
Search for “link my application” on Canada.ca and follow the instructions.
Link your application within seven calendar days from the day you receive this letter for faster processing times.
After you create your online account, you will:
get instructions to send us other documents we need
see real-time information about your application status
receive messages from us in your online account
When your application is linked to your account, you will no longer receive messages from us by mail.
If you choose not to link your application:
It could take us longer to process your application.
We will continue communicating with you or your representative by email or regular mail. :D :D :D :( :( I have had this happen with a spousal sponsorship case yesterday.When they failed to link their file IRCC dropped their file,When I made an appointment with the CA of their MP to have them use the Ministers hotline,I was told this has been happening more frequently with the website.Just came from another meeting from another MP office Hedy Fry of Vancouver. CEC applicant got her ITA and she was asked to upload her Celpip result.We uploaded it and system confirmed it.She got her PR denied 2 days ago for not submitting her English results.I was told this is the 3rd case of this happening this month.I guess the MP offices will be busy sorting this out for their clients
:( :(

A

abdisarockstar

hijksk said:
People in the forum said they can link their application before AOR.
I did try but not successfully. Hope it work after this Easter holiday
Hi,
Did you get any update yet? Were you able to link the application?

hijksk

Apr 18, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
Doc's Request.
20-07-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
IELTS Request
20-07-2017
File Transfer...
20-07-2017
Med's Request
20-07-2017
Med's Done....
25-07-2017
not yet..
how abt u ?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Are there any issues out there with problems linking applications?Just wondering if this is problem is quite common

SuperSaiyanGod

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Nomination.....
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
My PNP application was delivered on April 10 to mike but I cannot link it. Maybe I cannot link it because I am using a representative. Can someone tell me if someone is using representative, can he link his application?

A

abdisarockstar

hijksk said:
not yet..
how abt u ?
No. Reported a technical issue on Tuesday. No reply yet. Plus it's annoying that they block the link after 5 attempts in 24 hours. I mean how would you even know that it's working?

Coolblacky

Sep 14, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
24 Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
15 Nov 2016
Nomination.....
15 Dec 2016
AOR Received.
3 June 2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
23 June 2017
Med's Request
6 Sep 2017
Med's Done....
8 Sep 2017 & Passed on 14 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
12 July 2018
VISA ISSUED...
25 july 2018
LANDED..........
16 Aug 2018
SuperSaiyanGod said:
My PNP application was delivered on April 10 to mike but I cannot link it. Maybe I cannot link it because I am using a representative. Can someone tell me if someone is using representative, can he link his application?
Yes,you can link your application through your representative only.
You can link your application yourself if you cancel your representative.

A

abdisarockstar

BCguy said:
Are there any issues out there with problems linking applications?Just wondering if this is problem is quite common
I believe it is. Not sure about the efforts from CIC to fix this. :(

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
abdisarockstar said:
I believe it is. Not sure about the efforts from CIC to fix this. :(
I will be accompanying a person who could not link the sponsorship to the office of his MP.His Case worker told me that he has been encountering this problem lately.What they do is use the MP hotline to call IRCC and send the information to IRCC and make IRCC link the applications for the applicants.But this is not going to work for everyone :( :(Sad

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I had a meeting with Hon.Randeep Sarai,The member of Parliament for Surrey Central.I was helping a guy to link his account which despite 2 hours work of an computer professional could not link.He instructedhis assistant to call IRCC and have IRCC link it for him ;D ;D.I mentioned several people had issues with linking and He mentioned that He will ask the immigration minister about this.I will hear back from his office next week.I will share the results here ;D ;D

Reactions: rsleem