+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Limited Stay Stamp

Yasmin1982

Mar 4, 2011
Hi

Can someone help..I have family in canada uncles/aunts/grandmother

Plus my boyfriend is there last year I went over for a holiday and stayed for 2 months came back to the UK and went back to canada
for a further 2 months I had no problems with the border officers on my third trip I was stopped and sent to speak to the boarder Officers

It was a nightmare I was so upset and was made to feel I had done something really bad all I was doing was visiting my family and my boyfriend...

I was allowed in and they gave me a limited stay stamp with a date I had to leave the date of return same as my return ticket 2 weeks

I want to go see my boyfriend and am worried they wont let me in :( I'm so upset and frightened of going in case they don't let me in and I get deported or something really bad.

I have never done anything wrong in my life all I did was travel to Canada on good intentions to be with my Boyfriend and Family..
my boyfriend can't come and see me as he can't get time off work.

Has my name been flagged??? The stamp was in my old passport ( expired ) I have a new passport and just frightened to travel I'm so upset........

Can someone help I miss my boyfriend so much and I'm really close to my grandmother

The worst case I might have to fly to New York and my Boyfriend and ask my boyfriend to see me on weekends :( so sad

Please advise

Yasmin

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any passport you have will be linked to your Canadian records.
You are likely to be "flagged" and called to secondary, but there are no guarantees.

Don't be frightened, you need to gather proof that you will return to the UK.

Read the notes for visitors and come back to ask more questions.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

Yasmin1982

Mar 4, 2011
thxs

Those border officers really frightened me and I got nervous...

So when I go to the desk after coming off the flight my name will be flagged and I will have to go to the side room?

will the officers question me about my last visit?..I feel with all this time a part I'll lose my boyfriend as I keep thinking it's easier for him to find someone from canada then have my trouble I've spoken to my family there and there upset too

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yasmin1982 said:
thxs

Those border officers really frightened me and I got nervous...

Most people do :)

So when I go to the desk after coming off the flight my name will be flagged and I will have to go to the side room?

Possibly, I am sent to secondary most of the time ( I am a Brit with a Canadian wife).

will the officers question me about my last visit?

They can, relax, be truthful and carry lots of evidence that you will return to the UK..

..I feel with all this time a part I'll lose my boyfriend as I keep thinking it's easier for him to find someone from canada then have my trouble I've spoken to my family there and there upset too

If he does then he is not worth worrying about, if he stays with you then maybe you can trust him a bit more.
Do you work in the UK?
Do you live on your own or with parents?

You could carry a letter from your employer stating you are on holiday and detailing a date when you have to return.
If you are student then you can detail the course that you have to return for.

Yasmin1982

Mar 4, 2011
thanks for your time

I've lost my job..the company I worked for has just now seized trading and I live at home with my parents.

I have sufficient funds to holiday in Canada and I'll be staying with my relatives there..
what else can I do..to show them I'm coming over on good faith and will leave like I always have done.

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Hey.. If I were you I would ask your family to sponsor you really.. you wont be able to work but you will be bale to stay there for like 9 months then get PR and start working. If you are really sure about moving there to be with your boyfriend, then go for it. But think it through. you have to be completely sure. I am, my fiance is going to sponsor me.

Good luck

Yasmin1982

Mar 4, 2011
Hi

Just to let you know I made the flight back to Canada
to see my family and boyfriend. I had no problems with the boarder officer.

I was just asked why I was visiting I said to see my boyfriend and I'll be staying with my family

and that was it.. She said have a nice time, and I was on my way!

Thxs for the help going to enjoy my holiday..

Yasmin

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yasmin1982 said:
Hi

Just to let you know I made the flight back to Canada
to see my family and boyfriend. I had no problems with the boarder officer.

I was just asked why I was visiting I said to see my boyfriend and I'll be staying with my family

and that was it.. She said have a nice time, and I was on my way!

Thxs for the help going to enjoy my holiday..

Yasmin
Well done.

JulietPeters

Mar 21, 2011
I thought you would be flagged coming back in?

and you would have been pulled for a secondary interview

anyway enjoy your holiday :)

As your first post is like what happened to me and now I'm worried about traveling back to canada just in case they don't let me in

same as you I have never over stayed and have fund to support myself and have family there.

it's embarrassing that I'm worried about flying there and being denied for doing nothing wrong a part from visiting my family

does it matter that I visit them a few times a year? I have never overstayed.

Will I be flagged/pulled if I return I had a limited stay date on my passport third visit and left on the day of my return ticket as marked on my passport.

I hate this..it's so upsetting I'm from the UK and just want to visit family there

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JulietPeters said:
I thought you would be flagged coming back in?

and you would have been pulled for a secondary interview

anyway enjoy your holiday :)

As your first post is like what happened to me and now I'm worried about traveling back to canada just in case they don't let me in

same as you I have never over stayed and have fund to support myself and have family there.

it's embarrassing that I'm worried about flying there and being denied for doing nothing wrong a part from visiting my family

does it matter that I visit them a few times a year? I have never overstayed.

Will I be flagged/pulled if I return I had a limited stay date on my passport third visit and left on the day of my return ticket as marked on my passport.

I hate this..it's so upsetting I'm from the UK and just want to visit family there

There are no guarantees, this is immigration.

Follow the guide at the CIC site.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

JulietPeters

Mar 21, 2011
Baloo

if I do go back what should I do before I would just fly out to show I'm there just to visit my family

before they would just say purpose of trip ...visiting family
what do you do self employed

and that was it

on my third visit I was asked a 1000 questions and give a limited stay the same time frame as my return ticket

is my name flagged???? I have the stamp on my passport so when the IO see this they will probably make me do a second interview

god I hate all this

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JulietPeters said:
Baloo

if I do go back what should I do before I would just fly out to show I'm there just to visit my family

before they would just say purpose of trip ...visiting family

That would be sensible, it is the truth.

what do you do self employed

You will need plenty of proof that you are visiting. Please read the previous link.

and that was it

on my third visit I was asked a 1000 questions and give a limited stay the same time frame as my return ticket

is my name flagged????

Possibly, what was the reason for the questions, why did they ask ?

I have the stamp on my passport so when the IO see this they will probably make me do a second interview

The stamp is not likely to trigger a secondary, everyone gets "looked up" in the system.

god I hate all this
Relax, even if they send you to secondary, you will have all the paperwork and proof that you need.

I assume you are actually only visiting, but you do it quite a bit.

JulietPeters

Mar 21, 2011
on the secondary interview which lasted three hours it was continuous questions on why I keep visiting

and the reason was I like to see my family, I have enough money to support myself and all I.m doing is holidaying enjoying Canada natural beauty with my family.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JulietPeters said:
on the secondary interview which lasted three hours it was continuous questions on why I keep visiting

and the reason was I like to see my family, I have enough money to support myself and all I.m doing is holidaying enjoying Canada natural beauty with my family.
That's not too bad, most of my secondaries have been about 2 - 3 hours.
Maybe the regularity or amount of time out of Canada gives them a suspicion that you might be living in Canada.
How often are you making the trips, with what sort of gaps in between?

JulietPeters

Mar 21, 2011
it was a few months in between but on the third stop I came out of canada and returned within a few weeks and was pulled in

do you think that I haven't been back in canada for at least 2 months would be ok or should I wait all I'm doing is visiting family

baloo i sent you a message in your inbox