+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lgbt refugee application transferred to abu dhabi office

hendro

Aug 9, 2024
Hello, I want to ask if anyone has been privately sponsored in canada from uae on the basis of lgbt protection if yes how long did it take to reach the interview with the office? I’ve applied in IRCC with my partner on May 2024 and it got transferred to the abu dhabi office in june.

Is the abu dhabi office really slow in dealing with such cases? I’ve heard some people got it after 2-3 years and thats kind of panicking us as its unsafe to be here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I want to ask if anyone has been privately sponsored in canada from uae on the basis of lgbt protection if yes how long did it take to reach the interview with the office? I’ve applied in IRCC with my partner on May 2024 and it got transferred to the abu dhabi office in june.

Is the abu dhabi office really slow in dealing with such cases? I’ve heard some people got it after 2-3 years and thats kind of panicking us as its unsafe to be here.
Expect at least 2-3 years. The processing times on the IRCC website currently show 50 months total for privately sponsored refugees from the UAE. Note that this is an estimate and these processing times can fluctuate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

hendro

Aug 9, 2024
Expect at least 2-3 years. The processing times on the IRCC website currently show 50 months total for privately sponsored refugees from the UAE. Note that this is an estimate and these processing times can fluctuate.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Thanks for your response! In the link it has divided the processing time into 2 sections
‘sponsorship application’ and ‘refugee application’

What is the difference between the two? What steps differentiate it from the other. Thank you again! Means a lot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response! In the link it has divided the processing time into 2 sections
‘sponsorship application’ and ‘refugee application’

What is the difference between the two? What steps differentiate it from the other. Thank you again! Means a lot.
The first phase assesses your sponsor to make sure they meet requirements. The second phase assesses you as the refugee claimant. Both phases must be completed and approved before you will be able to travel to Canada.

Reactions: Naturgrl