+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of Education.

agj5

Jul 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am new in the forum so, like many, a little confused :eek:

Today I did the "Come to Canada" test and I said that I had a "Master's Degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession".

I have a Bachelor's Degree (business) and a Graduate Certificate (law) which I needed to do in order to register in my profession.

But then, when I started to complete me EOI profile, I started to wonder if this was the right answer. Should I have said "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years."?

Also, if I change my answer now and the "Come to Australia" and the EOI are different, would I get in trouble? Like I lied? ???

Thanks.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
agj5 said:
Hi everyone,

I am new in the forum so, like many, a little confused :eek:

Today I did the "Come to Canada" test and I said that I had a "Master's Degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession".

I have a Bachelor's Degree (business) and a Graduate Certificate (law) which I needed to do in order to register in my profession.

But then, when I started to complete me EOI profile, I started to wonder if this was the right answer. Should I have said "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years."?

Also, if I change my answer now and the "Come to Australia" and the EOI are different, would I get in trouble? Like I lied? ???

Thanks.
Have you got your ECA done? If yes, what does the Canadian Equivalence Summary in the report say?

agj5

Jul 28, 2016
Ooops! Nope. I just got too excited and started completing the EOI.

I guess I will do that and come back here once I have it.

Thanks, Stanlee.

agj5

Jul 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I got my results back from IQAS today.

Could someone please help me decipher what it means? As in, what can I choose as my education level?

It says:
Comparative levels of achievement in Canada
1. The Title of XX generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a focus in XX
2. The Graduate Certificate generally compares to the completion of a graduate Certificate with a focus in Australian migration law and practice (I am sure this doesn't exist in Canada but the equivalent should be Canadian migration law)

Is this equivalent to:
1. Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more years
2. Master's Degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

As per my original post, I must complete a Graduate Certificate in a specific area in order to register for my profession. It is part of law but it is not a Bachelor's in Law nor I am a lawyer.

Will this still count as #2? It would give me more points...or can I only go for #1?

Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
agj5 said:
1. Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more years
2. Master's Degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Go with #1. You have a postgraduate certificate, not a degree. A "professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession" would be a law degree, medical degree, etc (profession-focused as opposed to academic).

agj5

Jul 28, 2016
Thanks jes-ON.

I am now completing my EOI.

IQAS said my graduate certificate was equivalent to "one-half-year certificate program" but the options the EOI form gives are one or two-years program...does that mean I won't be able to claim points for this?

Thanks,

Ana.