+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Level of education and complete academic years clarification

NANDITASEN

Nov 23, 2023
I would like to request your consideration in clarifying the following situation,

A Canadian Bachelor's degree was obtained in 2 years as I was given credit transfer from a previous bachelor's degree obtained in a foreign country (Bachelor of Sciences – Biomedical science - 4-year Canadian equivalency after WES evaluation). My Canadian Bachelor's degree is a Bachelor of Health Sciences (Public Health) obtained in 2 years.

I was wondering if IRCC would consider the length of study or the length of the program if it was not accelerated due to credit transferring.

What should I inform in the education field "Complete/full academic years" for the Canadian bachelor’s degree as described above? And What should I inform about the level of education for the Canadian bachelor’s degree?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
The degree is completed, you have the certificate so you should say yes. However, you should have proof of the ECA for the previous degree and the program letter from the university stating that based on transfer credits, you matriculated to year 3. Hence Canadian bachelor was completed in 2 years. All of this can be explained in a LOE but you must have all the proof. Other than that you should be fine.