App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
january 2012
How do u think,if u get a letter to leave Canada because your tourist visa was not approved,can u submit the next day the sponsorshiP application inland?? Thank u

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
s86 said:
How do u think,if u get a letter to leave Canada because your tourist visa was not approved,can u submit the next day the sponsorshiP application inland?? Thank u
Is this just a hypothetical question or a real situation?
However,
I think getting a letter to leave Canada is not a happy situation.
Yes, you can submit a sponsorship application as and when you want but its acceptance and approval will depend on individual circumstances and determination by IO.

From CIC Instruction Guide:
Spouses and common‑law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are no longer required to have legal immigration status provided that they have an eligible sponsor. All other eligibility requirements continue to apply.

s86

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
january 2012
I'm waiting now for a result,I applied as a visitor.i wanna submit the sponsorship application but do not have the marriage certificate yet (maybe in a month or so),and in this period shall come my result for visa.thats why I'm thinking what To do.can u help me?

s86

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/07/2013
Nomination.....
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
15/08/2013
Med's Done....
january 2012
Thanks RajaJi for the link. I know that u do not have to be legal to submit sponsorship application,but what if u get that letter to leave Canada?

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
s86 said:
I'm waiting now for a result,I applied as a visitor.i wanna submit the sponsorship application but do not have the marriage certificate yet (maybe in a month or so),and in this period shall come my result for visa.thats why I'm thinking what To do.can u help me?
You do need Marriage Certificate. It is a requirement and must be submitted along with completed application package, applicable fees and other required supporting documents.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
s86 said:
Thanks RajaJi for the link. I know that u do not have to be legal to submit sponsorship application,but what if u get that letter to leave Canada?
If a letter to leave Canada is received then the person who has received such letter must leave Canada no later than the date mentioned in the letter (normally 30 days). It will automatically become a Removal(Deportation) Order if the person, who has received such letter, fails to comply.
Once a sponsorship application (inland) is submitted, it does give the sponsored person an implied status to remain in Canada, but I am not sure what happens if the sponsorship application is submitted after receipt of letter to leave, I think you can still stay in Canada but will need to apply for Restoration of status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
RajaJi said:
If a letter to leave Canada is received then the person who has received such letter must leave Canada no later than the date mentioned in the letter (normally 30 days). It will automatically become a Removal(Deportation) Order if the person, who has received such letter, fails to comply.
Once a sponsorship application (inland) is submitted, it does give the sponsored person an implied status to remain in Canada, but I am not sure what happens if the sponsorship application is submitted after receipt of letter to leave, I think you can still stay in Canada but will need to apply for Restoration of status.
The OP is already out of status and is well past the 90 days allowed to apply for restoration of status.