+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter regarding lack of police report?

drahkur

Jan 2, 2016
Hi there

So from what I understand, it's okay not to send the police report required for the applicant with the application as long as you have a note saying that the police report is being processed or something.

I just want to make sure that this is for sure okay, and I also want to know if there needs to be a particular format in the note, what exactly I need to say, and if I need proof that the report is being processed (receipt? - though we never received one :|).

Thank you very much!

Justin01

Mar 13, 2016
We spoke with an immigration attorney, and he told us that we could send the background check separately. I would include a simple letter with your application that spells out where and when you had your fingerprints taken, and that the results are pending. If you have a receipt of any kind, include it.

I am sure this is a common practice since the background check itself can take 3 or 4 months to come back.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
It is not common practice to not send in your pcc's when submitting an application. That is why it is part of the checklist to collect for submission.

There are instances where others have sent in their application without the required pcc's with a letter indicating they are currently being processed and will be forwarded upon receipt. There is nothing saying it is ok and some folks have no trouble doing this while others get their applications returned as incomplete and must submit it again once they all the proper documents.

It's up to each applicant to decide what kind of risks to take when sending in an incomplete application.

Best of luck to you.

AG317

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
Doc's Request.
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2016
File Transfer...
29-03-2016
Med's Request
21-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-12-2015 Re-Done 23-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2017
LANDED..........
20-04-017
We did that. We submitted FBI Fingerprints Jan 4, 2016 but processing times are 13-15weeks

So we sent our appliation to CIC on Feb 23rd and included a receipt for the FBI records
After our application was sent to our VO, they sent us a request for additional documents, asking for the FBI print out.
They provided us with an email address, se we just scanned it and sent it as an attachement. This was on April 6th, 2016
It was excellent timing, since we had received the FBI Certificate the exact same day!

drahkur

Jan 2, 2016
AG317 said:
We did that. We submitted FBI Fingerprints Jan 4, 2016 but processing times are 13-15weeks

So we sent our appliation to CIC on Feb 23rd and included a receipt for the FBI records
After our application was sent to our VO, they sent us a request for additional documents, asking for the FBI print out.
They provided us with an email address, se we just scanned it and sent it as an attachement. This was on April 6th, 2016
It was excellent timing, since we had received the FBI Certificate the exact same day!

So he had fingerprinting done and the background check a couple weeks ago, but the payment hasn't been processed and there's no receipt. Do we have to wait till we get a receipt?

I really don't know what the best course of action is here and what to do.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drahkur said:
So he had fingerprinting done and the background check a couple weeks ago, but the payment hasn't been processed and there's no receipt. Do we have to wait till we get a receipt?

I really don't know what the best course of action is here and what to do.
Hopefully you at least have proof that it was mailed to the FBI. If you do, just include a copy of that. If you don't have that, what about a copy of the receipt for having the prints taken?

drahkur

Jan 2, 2016
Ponga said:
Hopefully you at least have proof that it was mailed to the FBI. If you do, just include a copy of that. If you don't have that, what about a copy of the receipt for having the prints taken?
He has zero proof of anything to do with this, and I don't know why. Bit frustrated with him right now to be honest! Will he be able to go back to the police station to get some sort of proof? He says he didn't have to pay for the fingerprints and they didn't give him anything

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
drahkur said:
He has zero proof of anything to do with this, and I don't know why. Bit frustrated with him right now to be honest! Will he be able to go back to the police station to get some sort of proof? He says he didn't have to pay for the fingerprints and they didn't give him anything
The letter of explanation should be sufficient.

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
I had no proof that I sent in for my police check and I was never given any trouble about it, for what it's worth. I just had a little note that said it had been applied to ___ date and will forwarded when received.