+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Reference

Finey

Nov 2, 2007
Hey Guys,

In a couple of my previous employments, I was promoted a few times.? Do my letters of reference need to state the name of the positions and the time in each position. Do the letters also need to state what I was been paid in each position?

Awaiting your response.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Your pay is not as important as the description of what you were doing. If your responsibilities changed, the letter should indicate what your responsibilities were in each position.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Combining everything together, (Your pay,responsibilities in each position as you are promoted for comparism to NOC., name of the position and time in each position) will not cost you anything.

Oloye

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
I got a query from CIC to provide letter of reference of my current and past employers. Can anyone please suggest as to what is specifically required in this reference letter. I will really appreciate anyone's suggestion.

I have to send all the requested documents by 15 March 08.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
* what your title and responsibilities were
* how long the referee knew you and in what capacity
* any comments on your work habits, if complimentary

In my case, I actually wrote the letters of reference for my manager and supervisor. They did some small edits and added comments concerning how long they knew me and what my work habits were - then signed the letters.

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Thanks Thai.

I am in the same boat as you were. I have to write the letter and my manager/ supervisor will review it and then sign it.

amiableelf

May 31, 2008
Florida,USA
Is there a difference between Letter of Reference and Certificate of Employment?

If so, what is preferred when applying for the PR?

Thanks in advance.