+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Introduction Has No eTA Number on It

GiantMango

May 16, 2023
Hello everyone,

Like I said in the title. I was about to apply for a new eTA and found out that I was supposed to be issued one with my study permit.
I opened my IMM 5813 Letter of Introduction and there's no eTA numbers, just blanks.
Like this, "Your eTA is valid for multiple visits to Canada, until . Your eTA number is and is linked to the passport you used when you applied to study in Canada."
I have friends applied for working holiday permit and they have their eTA shown on their letter of introduction.

Is it normal if there's no eTA number shown on study permit's letter of introduction?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

Like I said in the title. I was about to apply for a new eTA and found out that I was supposed to be issued one with my study permit.
I opened my IMM 5813 Letter of Introduction and there's no eTA numbers, just blanks.
Like this, "Your eTA is valid for multiple visits to Canada, until . Your eTA number is and is linked to the passport you used when you applied to study in Canada."
I have friends applied for working holiday permit and they have their eTA shown on their letter of introduction.

Is it normal if there's no eTA number shown on study permit's letter of introduction?
Do you have a valid eTA now before getting the SP?

sidd2399

May 27, 2024
Hello everyone,

Any update on this? Even mine does not have any eTA number. Just blanks.