+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment

anurag85123

Jan 7, 2009
Hello everyone !!!

I am sure that this question has been asked a lot but all the replies I have seen are kind of contradicting to each other.

Can anyone please let me know that if "Record of employment" will already cover everything about what I have done in a company including wages, position etc. and I also provide "Record of employment" from my current company then what do I need to fill in "Letter of Employment" . And why does CIC does not provide any tip to fill it up ?

:eek:

thanks everyone in advance!!!

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
anurag85123 said:
Anyone ???
Its not cic responsibility to provide letter f employment tip. Letter shld state wht u did in ur job as role nd responsibilities, wages, start date, end date, full name, full tym or part tym. It shld b on company letter head. Roe is different, that is for ur reference. Cic dont need it. T4 reveals all details.

anurag85123

Jan 7, 2009
PK_11 said:
Its not cic responsibility to provide letter f employment tip. Letter shld state wht u did in ur job as role nd responsibilities, wages, start date, end date, full name, full tym or part tym. It shld b on company letter head. Roe is different, that is for ur reference. Cic dont need it. T4 reveals all details.
Thanks for the answer !

I am still confused as The definition of Letter of Employment as you explain is in the tool tip for Records of Employment as you can see below.

1. Employment Records - Reference Letter (Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available. The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.)

2. Offer of Employment - (You must provide an official document from your proposed employer, printed on company letterhead, stating that you will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. The letter should include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and e-mail address).)

3. Letter of Employment - No explanation whatsoever.

So, as you see above the Letter of Employment is still not clear.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.)

Thats letter f employment or reference letter.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anurag85123 said:
Thanks for the answer !

I am still confused as The definition of Letter of Employment as you explain is in the tool tip for Records of Employment as you can see below.

1. Employment Records - Reference Letter (Your evidence should include a reference letter from your employer and previous pay stubs, where available. The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.)

2. Offer of Employment - (You must provide an official document from your proposed employer, printed on company letterhead, stating that you will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. The letter should include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and e-mail address).)

3. Letter of Employment - No explanation whatsoever.

So, as you see above the Letter of Employment is still not clear.
These 3 are applicable only if you have an LMIA supported job offer. If not, answer No to the question 'Do you have a valid job offer' and these additional requirements would disappear.

blueblood09

Dec 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Hi Asviad,

I've managed to get a reference letter from my employer. But there are a couple of issues. It doesn't mention the number of hours worked per week and I don't have the business card of the HR manager who signed the letter. Should I be concerned?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueblood09 said:
Hi Asviad,

I've managed to get a reference letter from my employer. But there are a couple of issues. It doesn't mention the number of hours worked per week and I don't have the business card of the HR manager who signed the letter. Should I be concerned?
Minor details but certainly good-to-have. If the letter mentions that this was a full-time job, no worries. Business card isn't mandatory. If the letter is on official letterhead and has all contact details of the organization, no worries.

anurag85123

Jan 7, 2009
Asivad Anac said:
These 3 are applicable only if you have an LMIA supported job offer. If not, answer No to the question 'Do you have a valid job offer' and these additional requirements would disappear.
Hi Asivad,

thanks once again .. u r awesome between.

Actually, I do have a job offer from Canada and the LMIA is under process at the moment. I wanted to start my application for PR anyway as I have enough points and I received an ITA. When I was filling the form, I had the job offer I mentioned "yes" in the field where it asks for it. Now, when it asked for that is it LMIA approved i filled "No" since as of now I dont have an LMIA approved offer. I did not get any points for arranged employment in my ITA. I guess all the trouble is because of mentioning that I have an offer ( which is true by the way ). I will double check my EE profile and see what I have filled there. If I have not mentioned anything there then I guess I can just remove this part or else I dont know what to do.

blueblood09

Dec 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-01-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Minor details but certainly good-to-have. If the letter mentions that this was a full-time job, no worries. Business card isn't mandatory. If the letter is on official letterhead and has all contact details of the organization, no worries.
Thanks. The letter is on the official letterhead and has all contact details. The letter doesn't mention the full-time nature of the job though. I hope my designation, duties, and the pay grade will suffice to convey that it's full-time.

anurag85123

Jan 7, 2009
Asivad Anac said:
Hi Asivad,

as mentioned before I haven't claimed any points for Job offer but I did mention it in my EE profile that I have a valid job offer and said "No" when they asked do you have a valid LMIA. Do, you recommend that in my PR application I answer the question for do you have a job offer as "NO" and explain in the LOE that since I havent received my LMIA till the time of application hence I am changing my answer.

Do you think that CIC might accept it ? Or say that my information is not consistent with EE application and reject my application ? Looking at other answers I am quite worried about rejection here for being honest with my answers :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anurag85123 said:
Hi Asivad,

as mentioned before I haven't claimed any points for Job offer but I did mention it in my EE profile that I have a valid job offer and said "No" when they asked do you have a valid LMIA. Do, you recommend that in my PR application I answer the question for do you have a job offer as "NO" and explain in the LOE that since I havent received my LMIA till the time of application hence I am changing my answer.

Do you think that CIC might accept it ? Or say that my information is not consistent with EE application and reject my application ? Looking at other answers I am quite worried about rejection here for being honest with my answers :(
Doesn't matter because you didn't get 600 additional points. Change the answer to 'No' in the post ITA application - there will be no negative repercussions.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I have a letter dated October 2014, from when I applied for FSW-2014. Can I use the same letter, or do I have to get a new one. I still work for the same company, and nothing has changed since the time the letter was issued.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hot2Cold said:
I have a letter dated October 2014, from when I applied for FSW-2014. Can I use the same letter, or do I have to get a new one. I still work for the same company, and nothing has changed since the time the letter was issued.
You can use the same letter. It is valid for experience gained till Oct '14. You cannot use that letter alone to claim experience gained after Oct '14. You can show other supporting documentation to prove continuing employment from Oct '14 till date - such documentation may include recent pay stubs, performance appraisal letter(s), salary revision letter(s), tax assessment form(s) for the current year etc.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
You can use the same letter. It is valid for experience gained till Oct '14. You cannot use that letter alone to claim experience gained after Oct '14. You can show other supporting documentation to prove continuing employment from Oct '14 till date - such documentation may include recent pay stubs, performance appraisal letter(s), salary revision letter(s), tax assessment form(s) for the current year etc.
Thanks Asivad,

It looks like I'll have to get a current dated letter, as I don't have any of the other documents to prove continuing employment. Things are different here in Dubai. ;)