+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment

lixiao288

Oct 15, 2015
Hi Guys,

CIC requested both letter of employment and Offer of employment from me. But are them the same thing? Are they both the offer letter from my current employer?

Thank you!

Li

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Li, Offer of Employment is the agreement between you and the Employer. Letter of Employment is the letter describing your job duties. Remember they both have to be on letterhead.

CALINA

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
Letter of offer from the employer

Purpose

To confirm an applicant’s qualifying offer of arranged employment, to validate that the applicant meets program requirements, and to screen for concerns of fraud

Document requirements
•This document is only required if the applicant claims to have a qualifying offer of arranged employment.
•A letter from the employer(s) offering the job in Canada is required: ◦the letter must be printed on company letterhead and include applicant’s name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and email address), the name, title and signature of the applicant’s proposed immediate supervisor or personnel officer;
◦the letter must include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a permanent, full-time (non-seasonal) basis, job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status (if current job), number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

•The associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) number is requested as part of the application. ◦A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by CIC at a later date.

lixiao288

Oct 15, 2015
Thank you both for your replies. But I am still a little confused.

Under the offer of employment there is an instruction as follows:
"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)
The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address)."

However, under the letter of employment there is no any instruction.

In addition to these two, there is another request for employment records of my current job as follows:
"You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
• be an official document printed on company letterhead
• include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
• show all positions held while employed at the company
• include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)"

Therefore, in total there are three requests for my current job. I am thinking that the employment records is the reference letter from my employer (the one with job duties); the offer of employment is the offer letter sent to me before I started my job. But how about the letter of employment? Do I use the offer letter or the reference letter? I don't think it makes sense for me to get an additional letter from my employer. I am so confused.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lixiao288 said:
Thank you both for your replies. But I am still a little confused.

Under the offer of employment there is an instruction as follows:
"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company. The letter must specify whether the job is:
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is permanent and not seasonal,
skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)
The job offer letter must include contact information for the company (address, telephone number and email address)."

However, under the letter of employment there is no any instruction.

In addition to these two, there is another request for employment records of my current job as follows:
"You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
• be an official document printed on company letterhead
• include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
• show all positions held while employed at the company
• include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)"

Therefore, in total there are three requests for my current job. I am thinking that the employment records is the reference letter from my employer (the one with job duties); the offer of employment is the offer letter sent to me before I started my job. But how about the letter of employment? Do I use the offer letter or the reference letter? I don't think it makes sense for me to get an additional letter from my employer. I am so confused.
Exactly it will be employment records , the reference letter from your employer (the one with job duties), offer of employment will be conditions of employment explained in your agreement in the form of letter..Hope that helps..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
lixiao288 said:
CIC requested both letter of employment and Offer of employment from me. But are them the same thing? Are they both the offer letter from my current employer?
No, they are not the same thing. The letter of employment attests to your work experience - it attests to the work you did in the past, and is required for CIC to give you credit for your skilled work experience.

The job offer letter is for if you are claiming to have a "valid offer of permanent employment" (for the extra 600 points). This requires 2 pieces of evidence - the LMIA, and a letter indicating offering you a permanent, full-time, non-seasonal position if you obtain permanent resident status - so it covers future work, not the past.

Even if both letters are from the same employer, you need 2 different letters. (Or, one letter can contain ALL the information, but you're better off if you get the 2 separate letters).