+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from IRCC Stating "Work Visa Approval was Sent in Error"

Pleasanton

Jun 24, 2022
Hi All,

My work visa (as part of my PNP PR Application) was approved and stamped on my passport, however one month later, and before traveling to canada I received a letter from IRCC stating that the approval was sent in error, and that I should not submit my passport for visa stamping. Although, I had already submitted my passport a month ago and even had received a visa counterfoil on my passport.

Therefore, I decided not to travel and get some clarification from IRCC. I submitted a webform and received a reply stating that my application is still in progress.

P.S the GC Key Portal also had been changed from approved to in progress.

I am quite confused so any help would be appreciated!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

My work visa (as part of my PNP PR Application) was approved and stamped on my passport, however one month later, and before traveling to canada I received a letter from IRCC stating that the approval was sent in error, and that I should not submit my passport for visa stamping. Although, I had already submitted my passport a month ago and even had received a visa counterfoil on my passport.

Therefore, I decided not to travel and get some clarification from IRCC. I submitted a webform and received a reply stating that my application is still in progress.

P.S the GC Key Portal also had been changed from approved to in progress.

I am quite confused so any help would be appreciated!
No one can tell you why it was cancelled. You need to find out from IRCC. Also ask the province.

Pleasanton

Jun 24, 2022
No one can tell you why it was cancelled. You need to find out from IRCC. Also ask the province.
Thanks for replying. I did contact IRCC via webform askimg clarification of my visa status and they replied that my visa is still in process.

Also, I have been in touch with the province and they tried to get answers from IRCC several times but no answer was provided by IRCC.

So I am confused and don't really know what else could I do.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for replying. I did contact IRCC via webform askimg clarification of my visa status and they replied that my visa is still in process.

Also, I have been in touch with the province and they tried to get answers from IRCC several times but no answer was provided by IRCC.

So I am confused and don't really know what else could I do.
All you can do is wait for IRCC to complete the review.

Reactions: Pleasanton

Pleasanton

Jun 24, 2022
Hi.
Same thing happened to me right now.
what was the result? Did you get your visa?
Well, no response from IRCC till now. Medicals have expired and the portal still says the application is in progress. In fact it's been 20 months and counting!

What was your application stream? and whats your tmeline?