+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from employer PGWP & SOWP

redecie

Dec 3, 2019
Hi All,

I am student and have passed all my courses this week. I have been working part time for one year in NOC B. Now I am going to apply PGWP & SOWP. I have some questions regarding my application:

1. Can I submit my last 3 pay stubs straight away with my PGWP & SWOP application or should I wait until they ask me for?
2. What essential information should be stated on letter from my employer?

Highly appreciate for your help.

redecie

Dec 3, 2019
To apply PGWP, you dont need pay stubs or letter from your current employer. Your original transcript and letter from your college that you completed your program are the main requirement of PGWP. Check below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/apply.html
Thank you for your advice, however I also would like to apply SOWP for my wife. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think I need letter from employer and last 3 pay stubs.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp?q1_options=1i&q2_options=2d

LalitaKatwe

Jul 4, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm a student who recently completed a one-year study program and passed my course this week. I've been working part-time in the NOC job field related to architecture for the past month. I'm now preparing to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and I have a couple of questions regarding my application:

1. Can I include my one-month pay stubs with my PGWP application to demonstrate active employment and extend my PGWP work duration to at least two years?
2. What essential information should be included in the letter from my employer?

Please also advise me on the additional documents required for this application.

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm a student who recently completed a one-year study program and passed my course this week. I've been working part-time in the NOC job field related to architecture for the past month. I'm now preparing to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) and I have a couple of questions regarding my application:

1. Can I include my one-month pay stubs with my PGWP application to demonstrate active employment and extend my PGWP work duration to at least two years?
2. What essential information should be included in the letter from my employer?

Please also advise me on the additional documents required for this application.

Thank you.
1. PGWP doesn’t require a job or job offer. Why two years? Did you do a Masters? If you did a one year program, you get length of program.
2. Not needed.

When does study permit expire? Do you have completion letters.

LalitaKatwe

Jul 4, 2024
1. PGWP doesn’t require a job or job offer. Why two years? Did you do a Masters? If you did a one year program, you get length of program.
2. Not needed.

When does study permit expire? Do you have completion letters.
My study permit will expire on 31 Dec 2024. I have completed only one year of a post-graduate certificate program in construction project management. Back home, I have 8 years of experience in this field. So, my plan is to continue working part-time until I receive my work permit. Once I have the work permit, I will transition to full-time work.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

Thank you.
1. Why would having pay stubs allow you to extend your PGWP? You studied for a 1 year program and will get a 1 year PGWP. I don't believe it's extendable or renewable.
2. Nothing. PGWP application do not need employment letter.