+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from Employer but company shut down

Frollo888

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
I know this have been a common problem but please read my situation !! <3 :oops:

as proof of foreign work experience I have been working for a company that has closed, now I have two options:

1) I Can write to the company owner, and ask him to write the reference letter as usual on the company letterheaded paper (I know he still have some)
Even if the company doesn't exist anymore, that document should be valid, right ?
If he also write that the company doesn't exist anymore and to contact him at his personal email or mobile, it should be fine?

2) I can write to my direct supervisor, and ask him the reference letter on a white paper, where he also state that the company doesn't exist anymore.
+ I know I have to add an explanation letter to Canada gov
+ I know I have to include paper slips, bank statements and/or tax docuements in support

off course I would prefer to avoid option num 2 becase I don't know if I can find all those old documents to attach. Can option 1 be safe enough ??

Thanks in advance !

Reactions: marceloml

marceloml

Jul 9, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I know this have been a common problem but please read my situation !! <3 :oops:

as proof of foreign work experience I have been working for a company that has closed, now I have two options:

1) I Can write to the company owner, and ask him to write the reference letter as usual on the company letterheaded paper (I know he still have some)
Even if the company doesn't exist anymore, that document should be valid, right ?
If he also write that the company doesn't exist anymore and to contact him at his personal email or mobile, it should be fine?

2) I can write to my direct supervisor, and ask him the reference letter on a white paper, where he also state that the company doesn't exist anymore.
+ I know I have to include paper slips, bank statements and/or tax docuements in support

off course I would prefer to avoid option num 2 becase I don't know if I can find all those old documents to attach. Can option 1 be safe enough ??

Thanks in advance !

Hey @Frollo888,

Have you figure it out this? I'm on a similar situation and I was wondering how you went about it. Thanks!

spna

Jun 14, 2019

Thanks in advance !
Hey @Frollo888,

Can provide more information about documents if you have already applied and/or got approval?