+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

cjld

Sep 16, 2010
blackeyes28 said:
did you mean 2014? ;D
Further updates: received AIP on July 28th, then open work permit on August 1 (but only received in the mail around August 10th); on August 15th received an email that PR interview is on August 26th (Etobicoke). So in total it took just over 3 months from sending in the application (CIC received it on May 15, 2014). Anyone know what to expect for questions, especially for live-in caregivers? (single, no dependents)

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
cjld said:
Further updates: received AIP on July 28th, then open work permit on August 1 (but only received in the mail around August 10th); on August 15th received an email that PR interview is on August 26th (Etobicoke). So in total it took just over 3 months from sending in the application (CIC received it on May 15, 2014). Anyone know what to expect for questions, especially for live-in caregivers? (single, no dependents)
Congratulations!!!!....

cfbebe

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
superjazmine3 said:
Hi cfbebe, wanna ask when did u receive the decision made letter? Is it july 25? And whats the email address of cic etobicoke? The one u received?
Thank u. I received mine july 27... Hopefully i am next! Thank u
Hiiii
i received the decision made on July 17th and the email from cic Etobikoke on aug 12th and had the interview on aug 15th.
the interview is pretty basic.it was a waiting room with 6 counters. Y arrive at the reception and show them your email for the interview. If y haven't paid the fee you can go to a counter and pay over there.
otherwise you sit down like everyone else and wait to be called to the counter.
it's all open space so it's not a private interview.
The counter person will ask for your passport, receipt that y paid the fee, old work permit and PR photos.
she asked me what's my parents name, where I live, if i m working and if so what s as,and that's it.
I had to check my information and that s it.
pretty straight forward. I signed the papers and became pr. After that I sat down again and waited for another counter to call me up to change my social security number : ) . That s gor Etobikoke office : )

Hope that helped!!! The office is on 5343 dundas street west, suite 104.

Xo

sweeti 1

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville , Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 January,2014
AOR Received.
6 February,2014 OWP- April 2014 AIP- 22 June,2014
Interview........
waiting
Dear cfbebe congratulations :) so happy for u.Thank u so much for information.

superjazmine3

Jul 10, 2014
cfbebe said:
Hiiii
i received the decision made on July 17th and the email from cic Etobikoke on aug 12th and had the interview on aug 15th.
the interview is pretty basic.it was a waiting room with 6 counters. Y arrive at the reception and show them your email for the interview. If y haven't paid the fee you can go to a counter and pay over there.
The counter person will ask for your passport, receipt that y paid the fee, old work permit and PR photos.
she asked me what's my parents name, where I live, if i m working and if so what s as,and that's it.
pretty straight forward. I signed the papers and became pr. After that I sat down again and waited for another counter to call me up to change my social security number : ) . That s gor Etobikoke office : )

Xo
Congrats.. I have my interview on the 22nd:)
May I know whats the initials of the agent who sent u the interview date. Mine is Agent G thanks

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
AIP: September 26
Hi.
Has anybody been in a situation where CIC asked for corrections or just additional documents to provide after receiving AOR?
Thank you :)

mc524

Feb 3, 2014
cfbebe said:
Hiiii

Xo
i was there at etobicoke office last august 15, had an schedule at 9:15. congratulations too...

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
I know this is off topic, but I hope someone could answer my question. I applied for PR/OWP already and recently got my AIP, but I don't have my OWP yet. I'm still working with my employer but will be moving to a new place (same province). So my LCP work permit says "not authorized to work in any location other than stated". Is this condition applies with the same employer? Thanks guys!

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
congratulations to both of you cfbebe and mc524:) Your journey is over!!

thepretender2013

May 11, 2014
blackeyes28 said:
I know this is off topic, but I hope someone could answer my question. I applied for PR/OWP already and recently got my AIP, but I don't have my OWP yet. I'm still working with my employer but will be moving to a new place (same province). So my LCP work permit says "not authorized to work in any location other than stated". Is this condition applies with the same employer? Thanks guys!
Look up "IP 4" (2011-1-19) page 8. In short,you don't have to worry abou anything even when your employer moves within the province.

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
blackeyes28 said:
I think that will be no problem... I've been on that same situation before... I also move place (same province/same employer) after I submitted my OWP/PR application.
Just check your mailbox once in a while on your old address stated in your application because it is where CIC will drop your OWP. Then after receiving your OWP, call CIC to inform them your new address so they can send your future correspondence to the current address you gave.
hope this can help.

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
AIP: September 26
looney said:
I think that will be no problem... I've been on that same situation before... I also move place (same province/same employer) after I submitted my OWP/PR application.
Just check your mailbox once in a while on your old address stated in your application because it is where CIC will drop your OWP. Then after receiving your OWP, call CIC to inform them your new address so they can send your future correspondence to the current address you gave.
hope this can help.
...Is it possible to update the new address online?