+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

rrsd0608

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Bluegold said:
Hi everyone. I have good news that will give you a BIG hope about your application too!

I sent my PR and OWP application to Vegreville on the 20 of May 2014 and they received it on the 22 of May 2014.

August 5 2014 they approved my PR and OWP and sent my Documents to Edmonton and told me to wait for an interview from 4 to 6 weeks and become a Permanent resident on the same day of the interview.

OWP is sent and will be here by the end of this week, this was confirmed twice.

I am surprised because they worked on my application so fast! I didn't expect to become PR in just 4 months.

:eek:
Congrats bluegold ;)

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
AIP: September 26
Hi,
I have a question about police certificates submitted for Permanent Residence.
I sent the application 3 weeks ago, and I know that police certificates should be valid up to 3 months or be issued within 3 months before applying for PR.
My application is not processed yet, because they are still working on applications received on June 10, so that I see the police certificates I submitted will expire soon...before my application is reviewed.
Does it matter in this case the date when the whole application is mailed? Or, should new police certificates be requested to be issued to me? Just curious about this fact...

Bluegold

Aug 2, 2014
Hi tatyana, you really dont need to worry about your police check. For me to get a police check from x country was very frustrating, and they gave it to me 6 months later, that is how long it took to get mine. Anyhow, I attached a letter with my old police check explaining how long it takes to get it from my country and they accepted it. So if yours is going to expire, that will be still acceptable. My permanent residency was approved august 5 2014. You will be alright ;)

tatyana_sh28 said:
Hi,
I have a question about police certificates submitted for Permanent Residence.
I sent the application 3 weeks ago, and I know that police certificates should be valid up to 3 months or be issued within 3 months before applying for PR.
My application is not processed yet, because they are still working on applications received on June 10, so that I see the police certificates I submitted will expire soon...before my application is reviewed.
Does it matter in this case the date when the whole application is mailed? Or, should new police certificates be requested to be issued to me? Just curious about this fact...

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
Bluegold said:
Him tatyana, you really dont need to worry about your police check. For me to get a police check from x country was very frustrating, and they gave it to me 6 months later, that is how long it took to get mine. Anyhow, I attached a letter with my old police check explaining how long it takes to get it from my country and they accepted it. So if yours is going to expire, that will be still acceptable. My permanent residency was approved august 5 2014. You will be alright ;)
Oh, thank you for your reply, "Bluegold", and congratulations. How quickly was your PR status approved? In how many months?
If you reside in Edmonton, it'd be nice to meet :)

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
tatyana_sh28 said:
Oh, thank you for your reply, "Bluegold", and congratulations. How quickly was your PR status approved? In how many months?
If you reside in Edmonton, it'd be nice to meet :)
I have just read that your Permanent Residence status was approved in 4 months. It is incredibly nice. :)

Bluegold

Aug 2, 2014
Hi Tatyana, I hope you will get yours soon! CPC Vegreville received my app on May 22 2014 and on August 5 they told me it was approved and that they had sent my document to Edmonton, where I live, so I could go to an interview from 4 to 6 weeks and become perm resi on the same day. This is the iformation they gave me. I paid the Right of Permanent Residency Fee right away and mailed it to them. I kept a copy for myself to take to my interview.

tatyana_sh28

Star Member
Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17 2014
AOR Received.
August 15 2014
File Transfer...
Bluegold said:
Hi Tatyana, I hope you will get yours soon! CPC Vegreville received my app on May 22 2014 and on August 5 they told me it was approved and that they had sent my document to Edmonton, where I live, so I could go to an interview from 4 to 6 weeks and become perm resi on the same day. This is the iformation they gave me. I paid the Right of Permanent Residency Fee right away and mailed it to them. I kept a copy for myself to take to my interview.
I wish you good luck and success during your interview in Edmonton soon.:)
I myself hope to receive AOR by e-mail soon...:)

superjazmine3

Jul 10, 2014
Hi, since there is an interview question like last reentry to Canada. Would it be okay because the day i passed my application may6 is the day I also passed my application so i didnt include those info in my application. And my last reentry in june2. Different fr the reentry date I put in my application. I think its okay. Somebody enlighten me pls

chard01

Jan 8, 2011
Hi everyone. My PR application was received August 2011. Email received on May 25, 2014 that PR is approved. Until now I did not receive any email or call for schedule of PR interview. It's frustrating to hear that people send their applications this year and got interviewed fast. I just want to know if there are any caregivers out there that have the same situation as mine. I just want to know if this happened to people also and why this is happening. Thank you.

littledipper

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-February 2011, LC2-July 2013
AOR Received.
March 26, 2014
Med's Request
March 26, 2014
Med's Done....
May 6, 2014 medical result receive August 6, 2014
Interview........
Soon...
Passport Req..
Soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...
chard01 said:
Hi everyone. My PR application was received August 2011. Email received on May 25, 2014 that PR is approved. Until now I did not receive any email or call for schedule of PR interview. It's frustrating to hear that people send their applications this year and got interviewed fast. I just want to know if there are any caregivers out there that have the same situation as mine. I just want to know if this happened to people also and why this is happening. Thank you.
Hi i'm just wondering if you're single coz i know someone with the same timeline as you single and after aip no news yet whatsoever, i alsa have the same quetions like yours because i'm feb2011 pr applicant with dependents and still waiting for pr confirmation, ppr and interview schedule , which is taking FOREVER.

Strawberry28

May 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/13
Med's Request
6/3/14
Med's Done....
June 2014 LC2 Docs sent 2 CPCV-7/14/14 Med's rcvd-ecas Jul 18,14 LC2 docs rcvd by cic July 17 Add'l docs sent April 7,15; Med Re-assessment done Oct 12,15
Interview........
Nov. 19, 15
Passport Req..
& Approval Oct. 24,15
VISA ISSUED...
12/16/delivered 12/26
LANDED..........
LC2-January 2016
chard01 said:
hi! You are not alone, there are others with your the same timeline who are still waiting up to now. You can also post your concern with the other threads on foreign workers: 2011 live in caregiver, 2012 live in caregiver and Let's make a thread with LC2. You can also back read some of their posts... :).

blackeyes28

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-May-15
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-June-15
IELTS Request
SA 13-July-15
File Transfer...
13-July-15
Med's Request
ECAS in process: 05-Aug-15
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
(DM & PPR)05-Feb-16
VISA ISSUED...
19-Feb-16
LANDED..........
31-Mar-16
got this email from CIC this morning, how do you guys call this stage of our PR application? I haven't receive my open work permit yet.. Still, I'm praying for everyone's success:) Thanks!

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident

status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made

until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both

in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying

to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your

family members have passed the medicals and background checks.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in

Canada.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
blackeyes28 said:
got this email from CIC this morning, how do you guys call this stage of our PR application? I haven't receive my open work permit yet.. Still, I'm praying for everyone's success:) Thanks!

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident

status as a Member of the Live-in Caregiver Class. However, a final decision will not be made

until all remaining requirements have been met. If applicable, all of your family members, both

in Canada and abroad, must pass medical and background checks even if they are not applying

to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and your

family members have passed the medicals and background checks.

Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in

Canada.
This is what you call first stage approval - Approved in Principle or AIP. CONGRATS!!!