+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

VPoutine

Sep 30, 2015
If I were you I would do as they instructed precisely asap, i.e. upload e-copies, send the original one otherwise you'd have to go through a restoration process, which is a huge head ache.

Note that if they asked you for the original transcripts - you have to send a sealed envelop, which you get from your school.

Hope it helps

jiajialin92 said:
they want me to fax to them? so they want a original copy? the problem is my boyfriend is not in canada. i don't have original coy with me, and i can only scan to my girlfrind and ask her to fax for me.

just see the letter, and realize that due date is today...

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
VPoutine said:
If I were you I would do as they instructed precisely asap, i.e. upload e-copies, send the original one otherwise you'd have to go through a restoration process, which is a huge head ache.

Note that if they asked you for the original transcripts - you have to send a sealed envelop, which you get from your school.

Hope it helps
they want me to fax a copy, what i can do is fax to them to explain first and send the copy ASAP.

chakaaaaa

Oct 30, 2015
VPoutine said:
May 29th applicant.
The column details on the main page has changed to approved, however if I push into the page - the application profile still says open and the final decision "not started. Weird, but Im glad to get at least some action after half a year of waiting.

Anybody else from May 29 see that with their status?

Cheers
Mine also shows approved now!!! Blank update around noon, and Approved around 4 pm. If i go into the application, it still stays file is open. Based on previous posts in the forum, I would expect it to be closed soon.
Congratulations and Good Luck!

Jo_Zhao

Nov 7, 2015
I didn't use any format. I just told them my situation right now with my application No.. I didn't write a declaration too.

I would suggest that try to be polite when writing your email and also understand your MP's work too. At the beginning, the MP told me that they got over 4000 messages and they couldn't help until Jan since they were setting up the office. I told them I totally understood how busy they were and would try to call CIC by myself even I was frustrated. It was surprised that they replied me after a week and told me they contacted CIC already.

It was interesting that the other MP just replied this morning saying they didn't see my email. I am going to tell them I already received mine and thank them for trying to help.

I was waiting for almost 6 months, and got rejected for interviews four times. I was super frustrated sometimes as well. However, I am grateful that I tried to fulfill my time by doing other stuff, like taking online courses and learning photography. Now I can shoot better pics than 6 months ago.

Good luck everyone, and I hope you receive your WP asap.

mumbaikar said:
Hi Jo_Zhao,

Can you please post the format of your email to your MP and what documents did you attache with the mail? Do you also need to write a declaration authorizing them to check your case?

I applied on 26th June and still waiting.

Thanks

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Thanks for the info. Glad yours is approved. Good luck for your interviews!

Jo_Zhao said:
I didn't use any format. I just told them my situation right now with my application No.. I didn't write a declaration too.

I would suggest that try to be polite when writing your email and also understand your MP's work too. At the beginning, the MP told me that they got over 4000 messages and they couldn't help until Jan since they were setting up the office. I told them I totally understood how busy they were and would try to call CIC by myself even I was frustrated. It was surprised that they replied me after a week and told me they contacted CIC already.

It was interesting that the other MP just replied this morning saying they didn't see my email. I am going to tell them I already received mine and thank them for trying to help.

I was waiting for almost 6 months, and got rejected for interviews four times. I was super frustrated sometimes as well. However, I am grateful that I tried to fulfill my time by doing other stuff, like taking online courses and learning photography. Now I can shoot better pics than 6 months ago.

Good luck everyone, and I hope you receive your WP asap.

jiajialin92

Aug 12, 2015
here is my dramatic story

After 6 months of waiting I finally got my application approved on November 26, 2015 and I also confirmed by CIC agent, she told me that my PGWP is printed out and is on the way to my house. I was so happy that I finally can find a job soon, so I check my mail box every day to see if my PGWP has arrived. However a week has passed I still did not receive my PGWP, I feel that there might be something wrong. I’m shocked when I login to my CIC account today, my application statues change from approved to update. I did not receive any update email after I got approved and I just realize that my additional document is due today. they want me to fax the tanscripts to them and i'm lucky that i have on my hand. so i scan and send to my girlfriend and she faxed for me by 9pm.

Don't know what will happen next, but what i can do is put smile on my face, because I try my best. :)

I will UPDATE my story later

MMMM23

Dec 3, 2015
concerned imm said:
I applied on June 27 and still waiting. Almost everyone who applied around that time is still waiting. Are they experiencing technical difficulties or what ?
Similar situation, I applied to PGWG online June 10th and no answer as of today. I paid the $255 for fees, i applied 8 days after graduation and i was part time only during my last semester at University (4-year program). My problem is that i left canada on june 4th and came back on july 20th but i didnt notice my TVR was expired. At the airport the immigration officer was nice enough to give me a multiple entry TVR valid until August 31st (same date as my study permit expiry date). By leaving canada I lost my implied status, therefore I applied to a study visa extension on August 30th, which I have no answer yet. It's been 6 months already and the CIC call center says the application is still processing, do you think my application can be rejected because I left canada within those dates with an expired TVR? Does the 6 months wait mean my application will be most likely refused?

lady0421

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
loocyb1008 said:
To work in the health service field you need to complete an up front medical exam and should have submitted it with your application, but I know that CIC does not make that clear when applying for a pgwp.

www . cic . gc . ca / english / information / medical / medexams-temp . asp

www . cic . gc . ca / english / helpcentre / answer . asp?q=844&t=25

It looks like you have to submit an application to change your work permit conditions.
Thank you, this is most helpful!

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
Hi All,
I just want to send out a note of encouragement to all still awaiting approval. Look in the Positive side. Virtually everyone here has been approved despite the delay. There have been extremely rare exception though but the chances stand at about 99%+. So no need to panic.

On the other side, ensure you recheck what exactly you submitted and confirm you didn't leave any holes in your application e.g Incomplete passport scan or unofficial transcripts. I made these errors and my approval came days after I sent these docs via CSE. I know it sounds crazy but CIC may not be so willing to point out your blunders.

Good luck everyone.

jeffli24

Nov 30, 2015
Hi All,
I just want to send out a note of encouragement to all still awaiting approval. Look in the Positive side. Virtually everyone here has been approved despite the delay. There have been extremely rare exception though but the chances stand at about 99%+. So no need to panic.

On the other side, ensure you recheck what exactly you submitted and confirm you didn't leave any holes in your application e.g Incomplete passport scan or unofficial transcripts. I made these errors and my approval came days after I sent these docs via CSE. I know it sounds crazy but CIC may not be so willing to point out your blunders.

Good luck everyone.
I thought you can only submit files if they request you to?

And I just realized that I only sent in the first page of my passport ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :-[

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
hey Guys,
Looks like May applicants are finally getting rid of the stress after getting their permits. congratulations to all. and all the best to everyone who has applied and is waiting. i applied on 2nd october. i have received an update on 17th november. and 2 emails stating"there has been no updates to the file"

thanks for the really good advise of cross checking the uploaded file on cic.

when i was applying for the PGWP, i saved my application files folder somewhere in my drive after applying online.

for the sake of cross checking, i opened my cic account today, to see my documents that i have attached with the application.
the only document which i was able to check is the imm5710e file since rest of the files can not be accessed or clicked on. therefore, i downloaded it and realized that all the fields in the form are empty. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
rest of the files i cant see what i attached
anyone else got the same? or is it just me. MY GOD :(
how can i know that:
1- (what did i attach with my application) i.e. what pages i attached with my passport. can i check it at cic website?
2- (i am pretty sure that i uploaded IMM5710E after filling it. but now it looks like its not filled. is it same with everybody?

thanks all
nuendo said:
Hi All,

Good luck everyone.

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Heres my final time line for pgwp..

Applied - 16th may (paid 155)
Paid 100 thru CSE ON - 30th sept( no request )
Approval - 26th Nov
Mail - 3rd december

Now im applying for trv outside canada.. Ill keep ull posted wiith all the documents n procedure i went thru.

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Netz said:
Heres my final time line for pgwp..

Applied - 16th may (paid 155)
Paid 100 thru CSE ON - 30th sept( no request )
Approval - 26th Nov
Mail - 3rd december

Now im applying for trv outside canada.. Ill keep ull posted wiith all the documents n procedure i went thru.
congratz friend.

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
Don't panic . I think once you filled in the right fields, crosschecked and attached, you are fine. I saw similar empty fields when i tried to download what I sent but my conviction was from the copy I saved for myself in my computer. I think those uploaded files are distorted from our end or so once we upload them.

numair728 said:
hey Guys,
Looks like May applicants are finally getting rid of the stress after getting their permits. congratulations to all. and all the best to everyone who has applied and is waiting. i applied on 2nd october. i have received an update on 17th november. and 2 emails stating"there has been no updates to the file"

thanks for the really good advise of cross checking the uploaded file on cic.

when i was applying for the PGWP, i saved my application files folder somewhere in my drive after applying online.

for the sake of cross checking, i opened my cic account today, to see my documents that i have attached with the application.
the only document which i was able to check is the imm5710e file since rest of the files can not be accessed or clicked on. therefore, i downloaded it and realized that all the fields in the form are empty. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
rest of the files i cant see what i attached
anyone else got the same? or is it just me. MY GOD :(
how can i know that:
1- (what did i attach with my application) i.e. what pages i attached with my passport. can i check it at cic website?
2- (i am pretty sure that i uploaded IMM5710E after filling it. but now it looks like its not filled. is it same with everybody?

thanks all

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
jeffli24 said:
I thought you can only submit files if they request you to?

And I just realized that I only sent in the first page of my passport ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :( :( :-[
I am very sure in the instructions they asked for the entire passport including all marked pages. It is even stated there on the upload page itself. I don't think it is enough to warrant a rejection, but it could well result in a delay since the files are assessed upfront for completeness and any omission makes them place it for an additional review. My recommendation is to attach the complete passport and send via CSE with a written note if necessary ( as a precaution)