+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
PgwpUrgent said:
Hi, this is my first post and I am at May 16th application. I have a question now, when I submit my application, I didn't submit my study permit together with my passport. So I just wondering is that could negatively affect my pgwp? Thanks.
Did the system asked you to do that? If I remember right it's not asking about study permit, only passport.

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
Alex Z said:
Did the system asked you to do that? If I remember right it's not asking about study permit, only passport.
Yes, the system didn't ask for it that's why I didn't upload it. But I ask international department from school, they said it's necessary to upload. So it makes me fell so bad and worried. :(

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
PgwpUrgent said:
Yes, the system didn't ask for it that's why I didn't upload it. But I ask international department from school, they said it's necessary to upload. So it makes me fell so bad and worried. :(
I checked the list of my uploaded docs - I dont see there a study permit.
My school, for example, said me that it's necessary to upload the letter from college AND transcript. However, the system says that I need to upload either a letter or transcript.

So, as I can see during all my studies - international departments in schools are not that much knowledgable.
I understand your worries but I'm pretty sure that you're good! =)

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Hi,

PgwpUrgent said:
uploading your student permit is not required for PGWP applications. They can see it on your file...you're fine!

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
Alex Z said:
I checked the list of my uploaded docs - I dont see there a study permit.
My school, for example, said me that it's necessary to upload the letter from college AND transcript. However, the system says that I need to upload either a letter or transcript.

So, as I can see during all my studies - international departments in schools are not that much knowledgable.
I understand your worries but I'm pretty sure that you're good! =)
Thank you very much. I feel much better now.

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
ndrs11 said:
Hi,

uploading your student permit is not required for PGWP applications. They can see it on your file...you're fine!
Thank you. So for example, when I upload the copy of my passport, I don't have to scan my study permit as part of it. Right?

Alex Z

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
PgwpUrgent said:
Thank you. So for example, when I upload the copy of my passport, I don't have to scan my study permit as part of it. Right?
Exactly!
The permit is NOT a part of your passport =))

niekangli

Nov 21, 2015
Applied PGWP on June 13, 2015, still waiting......

I am so frustrated... Im currently not in Canada, can't come back until I apply a new TRV with the PGWP.
I was planing to come back before Christmas, now wait seems last forever....

I hope someone here can help me.
Does anyone know the MP in downtown Toronto? I used to live there, so I suppose I should contact the MP in that area?
Please let me know his/her name.
Since I can not make it in person, it would great to provide his/her email address.(I have restricted access to some websites..)

hope they can speed up the process and let ppl enjoy the Christmas !

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PgwpUrgent, Alex Z, Joeypark7, Ndrs11,

I absolutely agree that you don't need a copy of your SP as one of the required docs.

However, in the form IMM5710E under 'COMING INTO CANADA', you are asked to include the:

'Document number if applicable, of the most recent visitor record, SP, WP, or TRP issued to you.'

So whether or not the inclusion of the doc number is optional, is a matter of interpretation. But at least if provided, it helps to direct the agent to your recent file such as a SP without providing a copy.

Having said that, I don't think its that necessary because the unique UCI number may do the same thing by pointing the agent to your file history.

So, nothing to worry about.

Cheers!

PgwpUrgent

Nov 21, 2015
jubear said:

I absolutely agree that you don't need a copy of your SP as one of the required docs.

However, in the form IMM5710E under 'COMING INTO CANADA', you are asked to include the:

'Document number if applicable, of the most recent visitor record, SP, WP, or TRP issued to you.'

So whether or not the inclusion of the doc number is optional, is a matter of interpretation. But at least if provided, it helps to direct the agent to your recent file such as a SP without providing a copy.

Having said that, I don't think its that necessary because the unique UCI number may do the same thing by pointing the agent to your file history.

Cheers!
jubear said:

Cheers!
Thanks a lot. I feel much better now.

nizolas

Jul 18, 2014
niekangli said:
Applied PGWP on June 13, 2015, still waiting......

I am so frustrated... Im currently not in Canada, can't come back until I apply a new TRV with the PGWP.
I was planing to come back before Christmas, now wait seems last forever....

I hope someone here can help me.
Does anyone know the MP in downtown Toronto? I used to live there, so I suppose I should contact the MP in that area?
Please let me know his/her name.
Since I can not make it in person, it would great to provide his/her email address.(I have restricted access to some websites..)

hope they can speed up the process and let ppl enjoy the Christmas !
Hey there, I was in the same boat as you. Technically speaking, you can apply for a TRV that doesn't require a PGWP, but you will need to prove a lot of stuffs (see below)

Here's my stressful experience:
I left Canada while still waiting for my PGWP because of my wedding. Once I was back in my home country right away, I applied for a TRV (with Purpose of visit as other and attached letters and documentations). I was told by the CIC agent that I can apply for a TRV outside of Canada but it's up to the discretion of the visa officer. The office of my MP also suggested to do that so that I can come back after my wedding.
However, the TRV application was rejected on the ground that the officer didn't have any proof that I would leave Canada after my visit. Also, in the rejection letter it said something like this: "You need to wait for you WP before you can apply for a TRV". Document included in this application was: "letter of explanation of why I'm applying for a TRV" + letter from MP + letter of invitation from my Canadian wife + bank statements.

I was supposed to come back to Toronto on November 11th and I had to pay a penalty on my air ticket to change my date.

What I did after this rejection was to first renew my passport because it was going to expire in about 7 months. (When I applied for PGWP in May 2015, my passport had over a year on it).
After getting my passport renewed, I resent a second TRV application and it was approved for 6 months.
Documents attached were:
- Letter of explanation.
- Letter of invitation.
- Proof of employment from the person inviting me (wife).
- Bank statements from me and person inviting.
- A flight itinerary showing the date of departure from home country and date of departure from Canada. (Yes I had to make a booking just to show that in case that I don't get my PGWP on time, I will leave Canada).
- Wedding invitation card to show that I had to leave Canada for my wedding.
- This time office of MP sent an email directly to the visa office.
As an extra step, I got the Minister of foreign affairs from my home country involved in my TRV application. In the case that it was going to be rejected again, he would have looked into the matter.

Now I'm back in Canada and PGWP was approved about the same time as my TRV was granted. Right now, I'm still waiting to receive my PGWP through the mail.

Word of advice for everyone that is still waiting for their PGWP and wants to leave Canada (and requires a TRV to enter Canada):
- Please stay in Canada unless you really need to. This will cause unnecessary stress!!
- In case your TRV gets rejected, don't flip out and prepare a stronger TRV application with the proper documents.
- Please contact your MP so that they can provide you with a letter of support for your TRV application.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nizolas said:
Word of advice for everyone that is still waiting for their PGWP and wants to leave Canada (and requires a TRV to enter Canada):
- Please stay in Canada unless you really need to. This will cause unnecessary stress!!
- In case your TRV gets rejected, don't flip out and prepare a stronger TRV application with the proper documents.
- Please contact your MP so that they can provide you with a letter of support for your TRV application.
Nizolas,

That is good advice. Thank you for sharing that info and experiences with members. It will help a lot of applicants who are stuck outside Canada. I'm glad things worked out for you in the end. Congratulations on your marriage. All the best.

Cheers!