+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
What is your program? What did you submit? That's very annoying... 16 wks...

VPoutine said:
Hello everyone,

I am a May 29th applicant. I have been just told that my application was forwarded for a "secondary" screening and it will take up to 16 weeks more.
Has anyone had smth similar? Is it some thing to worry about?

Thanks in advance

memehn

Oct 29, 2015
chiliwilli said:
I am alreayd working with sin number until april, but HR of my company has started to be concerned. Just this morning I have been asked again about my work permit. I am going to ask for help to my MP, or the MP who wants/can help me right now.

I will tell you my experience, btw, i am in Calgary.
The same situation here...My HR asked so many time about my work permit already...hmmmmm

kidmah

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Glad to see so many people got approved this week.
However, I am still waiting for PGWP. Applied in May 12th.
Fingers crossed!

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Guys, I contacted my MP today and already got a call back. My application has been deemed positive already, just the approval has not come through and is still in process :/. I don't understand the meaning of that. But she says it should come in 1-2 weeks. I really hope so..

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Nothing. I was just trying to figure out why they want to do it to you... full time masters is good enough tho... I feel bad for your suffering, and mine either....

VPoutine said:
Full time Master's, two years. Why? =)

nuendo

Oct 15, 2015
xiaopan said:
Nothing. I was just trying to figure out why they want to do it to you... full time masters is good enough tho... I feel bad for your suffering, and mine either....
Guys, to be honest, calling CIC makes no sense any longer. Its been shown here that these guys are just call center agents who have been given a template of responses to applicants in order to buy more time for their own inefficiencies or fend of pressure from delayed applicants. They probably only have access to see the status of the application from their end but have no access to the files to know the true reasons for the delay. This explains why calling CIC 4 different times may yield totally unrelated excuses to why your application isn't proceed yet. Don't worry about the 16 weeks, I want to believe these guys aren't that wicked to keep someone who has been waiting for 5-6 months another 4 months. Its not done anywhere in the world and would be a shame if it actually comes to that here in Canada.

I was told pretty much the same thing even when she said there was nothing wrong with my application. I just don't want to believe there would be any reason to take that long.

TO BE HONEST, I AM JUST WAITING FOR THE MPs TO SET UP THEIR OFFICES. I HAVE DECIDED PERSONALLY TO VISIT THEM IN PERSON AND MAIL EVEN THE PRIME MINISTER (by post) OR MINISTER OF IMMIGRATION WITH A VERY EMOTIONAL LETTER. I CANT JUST WAIT ANOTHER 4 MONTHS.

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
nuendo said:
Guys, to be honest, calling CIC makes no sense any longer. Its been shown here that these guys are just call center agents who have been given a template of responses to applicants in order to buy more time for their own inefficiencies or fend of pressure from delayed applicants. They probably only have access to see the status of the application from their end but have no access to the files to know the true reasons for the delay. This explains why calling CIC 4 different times may yield totally unrelated excuses to why your application isn't proceed yet. Don't worry about the 16 weeks, I want to believe these guys aren't that wicked to keep someone who has been waiting for 5-6 months another 4 months. Its not done anywhere in the world and would be a shame if it actually comes to that here in Canada.

I was told pretty much the same thing even when she said there was nothing wrong with my application. I just don't want to believe there would be any reason to take that long.

TO BE HONEST, I AM JUST WAITING FOR THE MPs TO SET UP THEIR OFFICES. I HAVE DECIDED PERSONALLY TO VISIT THEM IN PERSON AND MAIL EVEN THE PRIME MINISTER (by post) OR MINISTER OF IMMIGRATION WITH A VERY EMOTIONAL LETTER. I CANT JUST WAIT ANOTHER 4 MONTHS.
Hi there. I know what you mean. If your MP did not change, then you can call the number you had. I did that today and got a response today itself about my application. Then I called CIC to tell them that my MP has confirmed that there's a positive decision been made on my application but the status is still in progress and should be within 1-2 weeks. However call center agent told me that notes on my file as of October 20th say that this file is good to go and will take up to SIX weeks to finalize. I don't understand if it's good to go, why would the officer want to spend more time on my file and wait to approve especially since it is past the processing time? It makes no sense. Not sure whether to believe that it will be here in 1-2 weeks or will it actually take the whole 6 weeks from the date of that note.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Up to SIX weeks to finalize it?!?!? OMG....

mets15 said:
Hi there. I know what you mean. If your MP did not change, then you can call the number you had. I did that today and got a response today itself about my application. Then I called CIC to tell them that my MP has confirmed that there's a positive decision been made on my application but the status is still in progress and should not be within 1-2 weeks. However call center agent told me that notes on my file as of October 20th say that this will is good to go and will take up to SIX weeks to finalize. I don't understand if it's good to go, why would the officer want to spend more time on my file and wait to approve especially since it is past the processing time? It makes no sense. Not sure whether to believe that it will be here in 1-2 weeks or will it actually take the whole 6 weeks from the date of that note.

chiliwilli

Aug 24, 2015
nuendo said:

Agree about call CIC, it is a waste of time. But,

Today in the office of a MP in Calgary I asked how long it taies to set up an office for new MPs. They told me around 2 months.

I encourage you to go to the nearest established MP.

Good luck everybody!

Chrisv

Jul 23, 2013
Hi All,

An update to my previous post.

I'm may 12 applicant , just got my approval letter and the permit is valid till November 2018 !!! I did a masters in Engineering in U of C in case you are wondering

So basically , i got like extra half a year for free due to CIC being late :D :D :D

Good luck everyone

Chris

lviva

Feb 4, 2015
VPoutine said:
Hello everyone,

I am a May 29th applicant. I have been just told that my application was forwarded for a "secondary" screening and it will take up to 16 weeks more.
Has anyone had smth similar? Is it some thing to worry about?

Thanks in advance
Hey I have the SAME situation. I applied may 29 and cic told me that my application went for additional review. I was in a full time undergraduate program for four yrs and in my last semester I was a part time student. The agent told me that my application no longer falls under normal processing time. She said she cant give me any idea of how long it might take and that she cant evemt flag my application

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
lviva said:
Hey I have the SAME situation. I applied may 29 and cic told me that my application went for additional review. I was in a full time undergraduate program for four yrs and in my last semester I was a part time student. The agent told me that my application no longer falls under normal processing time. She said she cant give me any idea of how long it might take and that she cant evemt flag my application
i feel they're just telling everyone who call that their application went for additional review just so they can get rid of our calls.