+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's review your writing together (Task 1-2) IELTS

worddemy

Jan 22, 2024
Feel free to share your IELTS writings with the essay info under this page and we can analyze the structure together based on the factors:

The IELTS Writing test is assessed based on four main criteria, each accounting for 25% of the total score for each task.

1. Task Achievement (Task 1) / Task Response (Task 2)

2. Coherence and Cohesion

3. Lexical Resource

Grammatical Range and Accuracy

Now post your writings below;

Mahvish

Aug 2, 2024
  • Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
  • In today's fast-paced world, some individuals opt to eat out, such as at food stalls or restaurants, whereas others prefer to cook and dine at home. I prefer to cook at home for several reasons, which I will discuss in this essay.

To begin with, going to fine dining regularly will be expensive for anyone. Parallel to this, eating at home will be an economical option. We can easily manage our budget. For instance, we purchased groceries for home so that we could cook multiple dishes with a few spices and vegetables. Hence, the amount that we can spend for two people to dine out, whereas at home, in that budget, four people can eat.

Moreover, eating at home is healthier as compared to market food because it has a higher chance of being unhealthy. The restaurant food is more salty and oily and uses low-quality products to make more profits. For example, when a person cooks at home for his family, he or she can ensure that they are making food with all hygiene measures and cooking according to their health benefits.

Lastly, having food at home is convenient; however, when a person goes out for dinner, he has to decide on a dress code or invest his time to decide where he will go and then wait there for food to be served. For instance, at home, we are not worried; we get out of bed in our pajamas and have breakfast, and for dinner, we turn on the TV and play our favorite show and have dinner on our couch.

To conclude, eating at home is my personal choice, and I strongly believe that cooking at home is perfect for cost savings, lowers the risk of health issues, and, moreover, is adaptable to staying at home in our natural attire.

worddemy

Jan 22, 2024
  • Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
  • In today's fast-paced world, some individuals opt to eat out, such as at food stalls or restaurants, whereas others prefer to cook and dine at home. I prefer to cook at home for several reasons, which I will discuss in this essay.

To begin with, going to fine dining regularly will be expensive for anyone. Parallel to this, eating at home will be an economical option. We can easily manage our budget. For instance, we purchased groceries for home so that we could cook multiple dishes with a few spices and vegetables. Hence, the amount that we can spend for two people to dine out, whereas at home, in that budget, four people can eat.

Moreover, eating at home is healthier as compared to market food because it has a higher chance of being unhealthy. The restaurant food is more salty and oily and uses low-quality products to make more profits. For example, when a person cooks at home for his family, he or she can ensure that they are making food with all hygiene measures and cooking according to their health benefits.

Lastly, having food at home is convenient; however, when a person goes out for dinner, he has to decide on a dress code or invest his time to decide where he will go and then wait there for food to be served. For instance, at home, we are not worried; we get out of bed in our pajamas and have breakfast, and for dinner, we turn on the TV and play our favorite show and have dinner on our couch.

To conclude, eating at home is my personal choice, and I strongly believe that cooking at home is perfect for cost savings, lowers the risk of health issues, and, moreover, is adaptable to staying at home in our natural attire.

Based on the IELTS Writing Task 2 band descriptors, I would estimate this essay to score around 6.5 to 7 out of 9.

Here's a brief explanation:

Task Response: 7

The essay fully addresses all parts of the task with a clear position and well-developed ideas. However, some points could be more fully extended.

Coherence and Cohesion: 6.5

There's a clear overall progression, but cohesive devices are not always used effectively. Paragraphing is evident but not always logical.

Lexical Resource: 6.5

There's a good range of vocabulary with generally appropriate word choice, though some errors in usage occur. You attempt to use less common vocabulary but with mixed success.

Grammatical Range and Accuracy: 6.5

A mix of simple and complex structures is used. There are some errors, but they don't impede communication. More consistent accuracy in complex structures would boost this score.

Overall: 6.5 to 7

The essay demonstrates a good understanding of the task and presents relevant ideas with some development.

Please remember, this is an unofficial estimate. Official IELTS scores can only be given by certified IELTS examiners.