+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OH AND CONGRATULATIONS TO SPICE AND LELA, ENJOY THE NEW STATUS!!!!! :-* THANKS for sharing and giving hope to the ones that applied after you.

Frai_06

Apr 27, 2016
Hi, I am currently working as a Live-in caregiver and will apply for PR under the new pathway (Caring for people with high medical needs). My work permit is still valid until 2018 and my current employer is willing to renew my contract for another year (until 2017).Can I apply for OWP when I process my PR application even if it's still valid until 2018? If so, am I supposed to mail it all together in one envelope?
Thank you all!

caribgal84

Feb 15, 2015
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
pr/owp
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
An update. I got an email stating that I am eligible for pr and that my family members will be contacted to do a medical and background check is on the way.

Is the medical check the same that we went through for our lcp work permit? How long after that letter is family member contacted.
I didn't declare my step kids as dependents but did put them on our additional family form. Will they have to do.medial to? I know their mom's won't allow them to go so the medical and they have to flight to a different country to do it which will cost to much.

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Frai_06 said:
Hi, I am currently working as a Live-in caregiver and will apply for PR under the new pathway (Caring for people with high medical needs). My work permit is still valid until 2018 and my current employer is willing to renew my contract for another year (until 2017).Can I apply for OWP when I process my PR application even if it's still valid until 2018? If so, am I supposed to mail it all together in one envelope?
Thank you all!
If you're under Live-in caregiver program your need to finish your 24mos or 3900 working hours with your current employer. and after that you can apply Owp and PR in one envelope. Before your work permit expire you need to renew it 1st just to be safe

muthee

Mar 30, 2014
caribgal84 said:
An update. I got an email stating that I am eligible for pr and that my family members will be contacted to do a medical and background check is on the way.

Is the medical check the same that we went through for our lcp work permit? How long after that letter is family member contacted.
I didn't declare my step kids as dependents but did put them on our additional family form. Will they have to do.medial to? I know their mom's won't allow them to go so the medical and they have to flight to a different country to do it which will cost to much.
i got an email informing that the family members I have included in pr need to go for a medical examination and I have gone through the medical test that they are doing are for 5 years and above I was wondering whether my daughter still have do the test.i need some help with people with dependants 3years

caribgal84

Feb 15, 2015
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
pr/owp
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
Can someone help me pls. Who will the visa office contact me or my dependant to request the medical? Will it be by mail or email? I got a letter stating the I'm eligible and my dependants will go through medical and background check. I'm concerned as mail goes missing in my country as we don't have am effective mail system. Pls pls pls answer someone who has gotten request for medical I can pm a pic of the letter I was emailed

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys:

I did call immigration and somebody answered. I told him that I was worried because I havent gotten the AOR yet and I applied on March 16, 2016. He told me that they are opening the applications sent in October 2015!!! Is that true?

How is everybody else doing?

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(I am confused because some of you applied in October or later and got the OWP already! Maybe there are still some applications from that date or maybe they tell you October to cover themselves in case there are delays. Oh well...i ll apply for a new work permit extension just in case.)

caribgal84

Feb 15, 2015
Visa Office......
vegreville
NOC Code......
pr/owp
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
Med's Request
05-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
muthee said:
i got an email informing that the family members I have included in pr need to go for a medical examination and I have gone through the medical test that they are doing are for 5 years and above I was wondering whether my daughter still have do the test.i need some help with

What is included in the medical examination?
- complete medical examination - for persons of all ages
- chest X-ray and report - for all persons 11 years of age and over (and others if there are concerns of TB in the
family)
- urine analysis including microscopic examination - for persons 5 years of age and over
- syphilis serology - for persons 15 years of age and over
- HIV testing for 15 years of age and over, children who have received blood or blood products or who have HIV
positive mother or all potential adoptees. If the first test is positive, a second confirmatory test must be done at
the expense of the applicant.

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh, now it worked ;D
So, I called immmigration and was able to talk with an officer. I told him I have not gotten my AOR yet and that I was worried. He said that they are opening applications from October, 2015!!!!
On the other hand I saw some of your time lines and you applied after that date and your application was already opened. I am quite confused now.

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone of you have updates/timeline about work permit extension paper based?

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just checked online, it says it is taking 93 days for work permit extension, paper application.

schumie

Jan 16, 2016
Spice said:
Hi. Just wanted to share my timeline.
Application sent October 14 2015
Received next day
Processing started in November 7
Received OWP in January via mail
Received notification on PR approval via mail April 14 followed by an email from CIC Calgary 4 days later.
PR interview May 5
I am so excited!!!!

Anyone who knows what they ask at the PR interview?
Congratulations! You applied under the old pathway or new? So happy for you!

schumie

Jan 16, 2016
Here's my timeline:

OWP/PR package received by CIC: Feb. 15, 2016
AOR received through email: March 23, 2016
application start processing: March 22, 2016

I'm single with no kids and applied under the old pathway/24 mth option.

Please reply if we share similar timeline. :)