+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less complex (short hearing) with the minister’s intervention on credibility.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have I mentioned somewhere that it was relevant ??? Somehow having a job and not depending on social benefits is always a good thing.
You mentioned it in your post along with other relevant information about your asylum application. Applying for asylum is purely based on proof of persecution in your home country as long as you don’t face admissibility issues. Employment is not a factor.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
You mentioned it in your post along with other relevant information about your asylum application. Applying for asylum is purely based on proof of persecution in your home country as long as you don’t face admissibility issues. Employment is not a factor.
Having mentioned that here does not mean necessarily that I rely on that, try to see the positive sides of things not only negative. My timeline includes everythings that I have mentioned.

Reactions: JayCool90

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
please let me know that what dose "less complex case" mean.
Cases are initially sorted based on high probability of approval rate based on previous cases. For example if you are from Afghanistan the approval rates for asylum in the past years are very high so your chances of approval are high so you are likely to be considered a less complex case. If you are part of the LGBTQIA+ from KSA then approval rates from previous cases have been high so your case would be initially sorted into a less complex case files. Once you submit further details about your case then your less complex case will either be assessed as not needing a hearing, needing a short hearing or needing a full hearing.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Cases are initially sorted based on high probability of approval rate based on previous cases. For example if you are from Afghanistan the approval rates for asylum in the past years are very high so your chances of approval are high so you are likely to be considered a less complex case. If you are part of the LGBTQIA+ from KSA then approval rates from previous cases have been high so your case would be initially sorted into a less complex case files. Once you submit further details about your case then your less complex case will either be assessed as not needing a hearing, needing a short hearing or needing a full hearing.
Can a less complex case with short hearing turn into a regular hearing ??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
are there any differences between less complex case with regular hearing and regular case with regular hearing?
Not a difference. Every case always falls down to individual case anyway. The classification between less complex and normal asylum case is an attempt to speed up approval for those who have higher chance of being approved for asylum based on previous data. The cases usually still need a hearing and approval/refusal always comes down to the information from the hearing.

Stutterer

Nov 23, 2022
What is the probability of a less complex case being classified as the case not needing a hearing? And what criteria the case needs to meet in order to be classified as "not needing a hearing"? Many thanks in advance for your answer!

Reactions: moref1988

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
What is the probability of a less complex case being classified as the case not needing a hearing? And what criteria the case needs to meet in order to be classified as "not needing a hearing"? Many thanks in advance for your answer!
i wonder about this. are there any objective meters about this?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
That depends on how strong your submission is and your country's conditions. It totally up to the member to decide whether hearing required or paper base base decision

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It was very unusual to not need any hearing but due to the huge waitlists facing the asylum system there are more cases that are being approved without a hearing. It is still a small fraction so I would be planning on having a hearing.

zeefox

May 9, 2023
I came in September 2022,
Medical : October
Eligibility interview November
Brown id December
Workpermit January
Less complex case in feb
Short hearing notice in Feb for March
Hearing cancellation in March
Second less complex case and short hearing notice letter April
The hearing will be in June.
I got a job at TD bank as a Real estate facility operation officer in March….
What did the reason say in this "Hearing cancellation in March". Did it say 'minister intervention'?