+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less amount Proof of Fund for 2 as PR on Canada for the first time>>>New

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
HI ,

I would be landing at Canadian Airport this week. I am seeking some advice on 2 things.
1) I have applied for 2 (me and my wife) and we got our visa.My wife would not be able to come along with me and she would be visiting after couple of months. Before we applied for application, we have shown the proof of fund which was much cheaper than current inflation of dollars. Now while landing at the POE, Is it possible to show less amount of money as Proof of Fund .Ass per the current rule, amount for 2 people is CAD $ 13,857 and for single person CAD $ 11,115. Say more about CAD$ 5000 as bank draft (government has the limit at this and provides the maximum of US$ 5000 after showing visa and Confirmed Airfare Ticket) and CAD$1000 in cash at hand that brings the total about CAD$6000. Since my wife would not be traveling with me and she doesn't have reserved the ticket because of her uncertain job nature and strongly because the government of our country doesn't permit us without those ticket, it would be illegal. Is it possible that I could bring the half amount of money and she would bring other half as I stated earlier. B) Does my wife have to bring the similar amount of money say CAD$ 13837 while she come later, suppose if I bring in CAD$ 13837 ?It better to be sure and safe than to regret it after ward.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
HawkEye said:
HI ,

I would be landing at Canadian Airport this week. I am seeking some advice on 2 things.
1) I have applied for 2 (me and my wife) and we got our visa.My wife would not be able to come along with me and she would be visiting after couple of months. Before we applied for application, we have shown the proof of fund which was much cheaper than current inflation of dollars. Now while landing at the POE, Is it possible to show less amount of money as Proof of Fund .Ass per the current rule, amount for 2 people is CAD $ 13,857 and for single person CAD $ 11,115. Say more about CAD$ 5000 as bank draft (government has the limit at this and provides the maximum of US$ 5000 after showing visa and Confirmed Airfare Ticket) and CAD$1000 in cash at hand that brings the total about CAD$6000. Since my wife would not be traveling with me and she doesn't have reserved the ticket because of her uncertain job nature and strongly because the government of our country doesn't permit us without those ticket, it would be illegal. Is it possible that I could bring the half amount of money and she would bring other half as I stated earlier. B) Does my wife have to bring the similar amount of money say CAD$ 13837 while she come later, suppose if I bring in CAD$ 13837 ?It better to be sure and safe than to regret it after ward.
Hi,

The principal applicant has to show the minimum amount stated by CIC upon landing, (that is 13,857 CAD ) regardless if the family member is accompanying you on the same flight - or will arrive at a later date.

You are risking your PR if you don't have the required funds,

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
HawkEye said:
B) Does my wife have to bring the similar amount of money say CAD$ 13837 while she come later, suppose if I bring in CAD$ 13837 ?It better to be sure and safe than to regret it after ward.
regarding your second question....when you show the amount required by CIC "CAD 13837", your wife will not have to show any money when she arrives later.

Note: i have assumed that you are the principal applicant and your wife is "accompanying". The general rule is "the principal applicant has to land first, and has to show the full POF for the family. The accompanying members can arrive with the principal applicant or later at any stage, but they cannot land before the "principal applicant"

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
HI ,
Thank you for your prompt response.

However i felt that that Proof of fund is supposed to provide the one who landed for the purpose of living expenses for some months. Since my wife would bring the next half amount that could fulfill the total sum, This should be permissible by logic .Further, Our Government doesn't allow to us more than $5000 even after our airfare ticket and visa. So we are being forced to make dollar, its hard line but say , illegally to buy dollar in black.

So how could we be creating a list of goods that we carry along with us. IS there a format and what if we forget the monetary value of each clothes as some are old too . do we even have to list inner stuff also?

What about the list of things that will be coming on luggage is this same as the luggage comming after wards?
What would be the best way to describe our worn chain and rings do we have to photograph each of them with monetary value.

I hope not too much to ask

One again thank you for your valuable support.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
HawkEye said:
HI ,
Thank you for your prompt response.

However i felt that that Proof of fund is supposed to provide the one who landed for the purpose of living expenses for some months. Since my wife would bring the next half amount that could fulfill the total sum, This should be permissible by logic .Further, Our Government doesn't allow to us more than $5000 even after our airfare ticket and visa. So we are being forced to make dollar, its hard line but say , illegally to buy dollar in black.

So how could we be creating a list of goods that we carry along with us. IS there a format and what if we forget the monetary value of each clothes as some are old too . do we even have to list inner stuff also?

What about the list of things that will be coming on luggage is this same as the luggage comming after wards?
What would be the best way to describe our worn chain and rings do we have to photograph each of them with monetary value.

I hope not too much to ask

One again thank you for your valuable support.
the currency restriction at airport is a common problem in most 3rd world countries...but most countries allow $10,000 - so i agree with you that $5000 is a very small amount. You can think of carrying other forms of funds (such as Traveller's cheques) ...do your
authorities search you at airport? if you will not be subject to a thorough search then a combination of cash + draft cheque + travellers cheques will solve the problem. Keep in mind that you have to show the complete amount for both you and your wife - this is the rule for the principal applicant...and you cannot go around this rule.

The last resort is to carry a bank statement which will show the rest of the amount, but bear in mind that there is no guarantee that it will be accepted....but i guess it will be better than not having the required amount at all.

Regarding the list of goods....mainly you need to list jewelry, electronics, ...but clothes are not an issue here, you don't have to list them. You need to have a photo of your jewelry (preferrably a coloured photo)

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi emamabd, we don't need to list clothings in goods to follow list ?
Any other things which we don't need to list

emamabd said:
the currency restriction at airport is a common problem in most 3rd world countries...but most countries allow $10,000 - so i agree with you that $5000 is a very small amount. You can think of carrying other forms of funds (such as Traveller's cheques) ...do your
authorities search you at airport? if you will not be subject to a thorough search then a combination of cash + draft cheque + travellers cheques will solve the problem. Keep in mind that you have to show the complete amount for both you and your wife - this is the rule for the principal applicant...and you cannot go around this rule.

The last resort is to carry a bank statement which will show the rest of the amount, but bear in mind that there is no guarantee that it will be accepted....but i guess it will be better than not having the required amount at all.

Regarding the list of goods....mainly you need to list jewelry, electronics, ...but clothes are not an issue here, you don't have to list them. You need to have a photo of your jewelry (preferrably a coloured photo)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
coolguy2010 said:
Hi emamabd, we don't need to list clothings in goods to follow list ?
Any other things which we don't need to list
hi coolguy2010, so you haven't landed yet?
my guess if that the clothes are not "too many" - i.e. what appears to be for personal use - then you wont need to list them. However some people prefer to write everything as in the example here: http://forums.snapsolutions.ca/img/docs/goods.html

In my case i have listed only my wife's jewelry, as i wouldn't be bringing anything else in the future other then the jewelry and own personal clothing for the family members.

suryavanshi

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/4/2010
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
6/3/2013
Med's Done....
on 30/3/2013 ECAS 3rd line on 15/4/13
Interview........
hopefully waived off (RPRF encashed on 17/4/13)
Passport Req..
6/3/2013 (sent complete application package to NDVO on 6/4/13 through DHL Blue Dart)
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet received
LANDED..........
God`s will
Hi...bro,
Iam a new guy to this blog....as iam waiting for my passports and visas in India (applied in 4/2013)till date not yet received visas.....for 4 persons i shown proof of funds as a fixed deposit for 3 months...as its validity is already closed last month....i thouht will get visas in 45 days....so i did like this...plz bro give your opinion `will this affects in visa granting (i.e rejection of visa) or visa office will contact me to show funds again...thanks in advance

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
hi emamabd, i will be landing next week before EID.....preparation going on :)

emamabd said:
hi coolguy2010, so you haven't landed yet?
my guess if that the clothes are not "too many" - i.e. what appears to be for personal use - then you wont need to list them. However some people prefer to write everything as in the example here: http://forums.snapsolutions.ca/img/docs/goods.html

In my case i have listed only my wife's jewelry, as i wouldn't be bringing anything else in the future other then the jewelry and own personal clothing for the family members.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
suryavanshi said:
Hi...bro,
Iam a new guy to this blog....as iam waiting for my passports and visas in India (applied in 4/2013)till date not yet received visas.....for 4 persons i shown proof of funds as a fixed deposit for 3 months...as its validity is already closed last month....i thouht will get visas in 45 days....so i did like this...plz bro give your opinion `will this affects in visa granting (i.e rejection of visa) or visa office will contact me to show funds again...thanks in advance
Hi,

i can't understand your question, can you clarify more? Do you mean the embassy requested you passports to issue the immigration visas and in the meantime you withdrawed the funds from your bank? If thats the case - then i dont think the embassy will ask you again to show funds, if they had any other request - they would have already asked you to provide it along with the passports.

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
Thank you for your response.
The later post about the list of items was quite helpful .
though i would like to ask

What does it mean by goods Accompained by you ( Does this include a 2 luggage as in this case of mine and hand carry) ?
What does it mean by another Good To Follow ( Is this the item my wife would be carrying should i have to list those too.)?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
HI emamabd,

Thank for replying continuously ,

Does the case apply even if i live with my family here in alberta , I mean there is no means to this fixed sum.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
HawkEye said:
Thank you for your response.
The later post about the list of items was quite helpful .
though i would like to ask

What does it mean by goods Accompained by you ( Does this include a 2 luggage as in this case of mine and hand carry) ?
What does it mean by another Good To Follow ( Is this the item my wife would be carrying should i have to list those too.)?

Hoping to hear from you soon.
1)yes, accompanied by you means what you have brought with you in your luggage.
2) Goods to follow includes what your wife will be bringing later, and also any other item(s) that you plan to ship from your home country later

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
HawkEye said:
HI emamabd,

Thank for replying continuously ,

Does the case apply even if i live with my family here in alberta , I mean there is no means to this fixed sum.
yes, as long as you are a "Federal Skilled Worker" category - the POF will be the same regardless of the province...it could be manitoba, ontario, alberta, british columbia, new brunswick,....etc

Only "Quebec Skilled Worker" category have to show a lower amount as POF.