+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legally separated : does a spouse need to pass biometrics?

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Do you have a divorced certificate or any document from Court? Or just separation agreement?
If I had a divorce certificate I'd have been divorced and not legally separated. And I did not even have a separation agreement ( it's not something that we can do In my country of residence).
The only thing I provided first when I filed for PR was a letter from my lawyer stating that he is representing me in family court for my divorce case and an affidavit that I do not intent to reconcile with my spouse nor I will sponsor him in the futur into Canafa. I did not have a court date for my case at that time.

Oops10982

Apr 28, 2024
If I had a divorce certificate I'd have been divorced and not legally separated. And I did not even have a separation agreement ( it's not something that we can do In my country of residence).
The only thing I provided first when I filed for PR was a letter from my lawyer stating that he is representing me in family court for my divorce case and an affidavit that I do not intent to reconcile with my spouse nor I will sponsor him in the futur into Canafa. I did not have a court date for my case at that time.
Could you please tell me, whether your affidativ was notarized or not?