+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Legally separated case

angena

Dec 17, 2018
I am from India and married before I came here. I am in my Work permit status but planning to apply PR . I and my husband are not in touch. So I am planning to submit PR with 'legally separated'. I have not filed divorce yet. Neither my husband will cooperate me in medical and police verification neither he will do affidavit by himself from notary. In this case If I provide the affidavit signed by myself , will it work,. Since my husband wont support anything , hence I have to prepare the affidavit and mention that he wont accompany nor eligible for future sponsorship. Will this only enough? Or CIC will ask for divorce case file? If only affidavit by me is enough, then will it have to be done in India or canada notary would be considered?

Please help

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I am from India and married before I came here. I am in my Work permit status but planning to apply PR . I and my husband are not in touch. So I am planning to submit PR with 'legally separated'. I have not filed divorce yet. Neither my husband will cooperate me in medical and police verification neither he will do affidavit by himself from notary. In this case If I provide the affidavit signed by myself , will it work,. Since my husband wont support anything , hence I have to prepare the affidavit and mention that he wont accompany nor eligible for future sponsorship. Will this only enough? Or CIC will ask for divorce case file? If only affidavit by me is enough, then will it have to be done in India or canada notary would be considered?

Please help
You do realize that saying "legally separated" means you have divorced right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Please help
IRCC may accept the affidavit, they may request other proof of the separation or they may ask for proof of filing for divorce. We've seen all such scenarios on the forum. Filing for divorce is your best bet.