+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving For the weekend right before oath

mtlgold

Aug 14, 2013
I was wondering, if i leave for the weekend and come back to canada, the weekend before my oath, would that affect me in any way? (leaving friday coming home sunday)

Going to Boston for a family matter.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtlgold said:
I was wondering, if i leave for the weekend and come back to canada, the weekend before my oath, would that affect me in any way? (leaving friday coming home sunday)

Going to Boston for a family matter.
what day is your oath...if its a Monday and the flight is cancelled - bad weather, airline strike etc.....can the trip be postponed post oath?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, while looking for something else today, I came across this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/cp/cp05-eng.pdf - page 16 and 17 said:
Indications declared residence may be in question

The following list, while not exhaustive, includes indications that further inquiry into declared
residence may be required. It is important to note that indications alone do not necessarily mean
a case of residence not being met. Their weight and credibility vary and must be considered in
conjunction with all information on file.
— Passport
• Stamps in passport indicate that the applicant has not declared all absences from Canada.
When coming to write an exam or to have a quality assurance interview, the client’s passport
shows recent entry stamp to Canada or an exit stamp from another country.

• Client presents a new passport but cannot account for passports used during the relevant
four year period, or client is in possession of a new passport issued outside Canada.
• Client is asked to present passport at an exam or scheduled appointment but does not bring
it.
So a new passport stamp as you come to the test could be seen as a reason to give you an RQ. If you have to go, you have to go but you should at least keep your flight tickets and boarding cards so if they ask you about it at the test, you can prove to them right away that it was only a weekend trip.

mtlgold

Aug 14, 2013
Leon said:
Actually, while looking for something else today, I came across this:

So a new passport stamp as you come to the test could be seen as a reason to give you an RQ. If you have to go, you have to go but you should at least keep your flight tickets and boarding cards so if they ask you about it at the test, you can prove to them right away that it was only a weekend trip.
is this the same for oath ceremony? for the test they didn't even check the stamps in my new passport.

mtlgold

Aug 14, 2013
Msafiri said:
what day is your oath...if its a Monday and the flight is cancelled - bad weather, airline strike etc.....can the trip be postponed post oath?
i will be driving, and its end of week.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
when i went for my oath which was only few weeks ago they didn't even ask for my passport. All they asked for was my landing document, my PR card and the invitation letter. Not just me everyone who attended the Oath. However they surely can ask to see ur passports as you have to take them along

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can not recall if I had to show my passport for the oath. I think it's unlikely that you will have a problem. Just hope for the best I guess :)

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
If you are invited to take the oath, your citizenship has formally approved. The only way to screw it is missing the date and do not have a good excuse...

No more passport checks, other then identity prior to the oath.

mike