AOR Received.
12-05-2014
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2015
A friend of mine activated her PR in November and is waiting for her PR card to arrive in the mail. She needs to travel to the US, does anyone have any experience of trying to get back into Canada without their PR card?

Thanks

dazzlingcrystal

Apr 23, 2015
Not quite the same situation, but my colleague who did her PR card extension and didn't receive her card before she needs to travel for family emergency, and she brought all the landing paper & expired old PR card, she needed a lot of explanation at the custom, but she was ok to enter then (also she's from visa exempt country so that may also influence things)
A quick call to CIC wouldn't hurt, though.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
grahamangus said:
A friend of mine activated her PR in November and is waiting for her PR card to arrive in the mail. She needs to travel to the US, does anyone have any experience of trying to get back into Canada without their PR card?

Thanks
Coming back by land on private/rental car COPR should be OK

She won't be able to take any commercial line (bus, boat, flight) to back to Canada without valid PR card

She can apply from US for a Travel document to inmigration office, I don't know how long takes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp