+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving Canada after applying PR when Visitor Record Expires

Aug 15, 2024
Hi everyone, Please guide me what I should do in this situation.

Profile:

• Work Permit expired 02/2024.
  • Applied and get Approved for Visitor Record 02/2024. (My ex-immigration lawer applied for Visitor Record instead of extend). My Visitor record will be expired Aug 19, 2024
  • Got ITA for PR under CEC Stream (French) April 24, 2024
  • Applied for PR June 21, 2024 and got AOR same day
  • Request for Additional Documents (TCF Result) Aug 06. Submitted Aug 07.
  • Request for biometric Aug 07 and submited Aug 08
  • Just applied for another visitor record before the current one expires
My question is:

• Can I leave Canada? If YES then what gonna happen with P1 and P2 in the future, if they ask me to come back Canada then can I come back with a visitor Visa (can apply now). OR they still can process my PR when I still outside Canada.

Gifty21

Sep 18, 2018
YES, you can leave Canada and come back when your PR comes. In case you need to return , you can apply for visitor visa. P1 and P2 can be managed by your consultant. I don't know what your current situation is, but I suggest better wait for your PR and then decide to travel.

Hyper1013

Aug 21, 2024
Hi everyone, Please guide me what I should do in this situation.

Profile:

• Work Permit expired 02/2024.
  • Applied and get Approved for Visitor Record 02/2024. (My ex-immigration lawer applied for Visitor Record instead of extend). My Visitor record will be expired Aug 19, 2024
  • Got ITA for PR under CEC Stream (French) April 24, 2024
  • Applied for PR June 21, 2024 and got AOR same day
  • Request for Additional Documents (TCF Result) Aug 06. Submitted Aug 07.
  • Request for biometric Aug 07 and submited Aug 08
  • Just applied for another visitor record before the current one expires
My question is:

• Can I leave Canada? If YES then what gonna happen with P1 and P2 in the future, if they ask me to come back Canada then can I come back with a visitor Visa (can apply now). OR they still can process my PR when I still outside Canada.
The visit visa will be refused almost immediately as the criteria is different for you now since you are an permanent residence applicant. What you can do is if you're still outside Canada when your PR gets approved, then apply for PRTD for your landing as PR in Canada. Otherwise, the best bet is to wait for P1 and P2 and get the approval. In that way, it will be much easier for you to apply for PRTD.