+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leave CA before getting my PR - inland application

PR1973

Feb 10, 2016
Hello! I got a job back home, I would like to take while waiting for my PR. I applied inland. If I leave Canada, do I lose my application??? Is the process still carry on?
Please help!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR1973 said:
Hello! I got a job back home, I would like to take while waiting for my PR. I applied inland. If I leave Canada, do I lose my application??? Is the process still carry on?
Please help!!
If you're talking about a Spousal Sponsorship (Inland) application, you must remain in Canada during the entire process. Some people take risks by leaving for a short trip (maybe a week or two), but even they run the risk of having their application cancelled.

If you want to return home to work, you should withdraw your Inland application and apply Outland.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
A family class inland application requires that sponsor and applicant must be living together in Canada during the entire duration of processing. If CIC learns you are not cohabiting with your sponsor, or that you are not residing in Canada, they can simply cancel your app.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf
5.28 Applicants who leave Canada before a final decision is taken on their application for permanent residence

A foreign national becomes a permanent resident, if following an examination, it is established
that they meet the selection criteria and other requirements applicable to that class as per
R72(1)(d). Members of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class must satisfy
subsection R124(a) in that they must be the spouse or common-law partner of a sponsor and
must be co-habiting with that sponsor in Canada.

Foreign nationals who have left Canada after submitting an application under the Spouse or
Common-law Partner in Canada class, are not provided with any guarantees that they will be
allowed to return to or re-enter Canada. If they are unable to do so, their application for
permanent residence may be refused because they are not cohabiting with their spouse or
common-law partner at the time the case is finalized [R72(1)(d) and R124(a)].

It may therefore be appropriate to counsel applicants who are outside Canada to withdraw their
spouse or common-law partner in Canada class application and, with the sponsor, submit a new
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking to the CPC-Mississauga (CPCM).