+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lateness applying for PR after approval of refugee. LOEN/ANYONE

FranklinR

Feb 8, 2012
Hi my refugee claim was approved but l send in my application for PR about 10 days later than the 180 day clause.Has anyone been in my situation or does anyone knows what happens in my situation?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

FranklinR said:
Hi my refugee claim was approved but l send in my application for PR about 10 days later than the 180 day clause.Has anyone been in my situation or does anyone knows what happens in my situation?
Well most people put their application in on time, so it is a rare occurrence. CIC may or may not accept it. So you will just have to wait and see.

You will probably be receiving the following letter Appendix E

Regulation 175(1) states:
“For the purposes of subsection 21(2) of the Act, an application to remain in Canada as a
permanent resident must be received by the Department within 180 days after the
determination by the Board, or the decision of the Minister, referred to in that subsection.”
You are a person who was determined to be a protected person by the Immigration and Refugee
Board on (insert date here). Your application for permanent resident status as a protected
person was not received within 180 days of the determination by the Board and is
therefore refused.

Your failure to submit your application for permanent residence within the 180-day period does
not affect your protected person status, and as a protected person, you and your family members
who have been granted protected person status are permitted to remain in Canada.
Should you wish to pursue permanent resident status, you may make an application,
humanitarian and compassionate grounds, for a waiver of the requirement of Regulation 175(1).
To do so, you must submit a “Request for Exemption from Permanent Resident Visa
Requirement” (IMM 5001E) accompanied by a “Supplementary Information - Humanitarian
and Compassionate Cases” (IMM 5283E). A new processing fee is not required.
If you wish to work or study in Canada, you must request and receive a work permit or study

FranklinR

Feb 8, 2012
Thanks PMM do you have any chances if you did not send in your application on time for being sick? How long does it take to hear from CIC after the application is recieved should it be accepted or refused?