+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LATE PR CARD

kingyombo

Sep 7, 2012
Hi,

I landed in Manitoba 9 weeks ago and I was told at the border that my PR card will be mailed to me between 6 - 8 weeks. Its now 9 weeks and I have not yet received it.
How can I confirm when I will get it and the cause of the delay. I already have my health card and my PR card.
many thanks.

kingyombo

Sep 7, 2012
Can someone please respond to this or suggest other forums who may possible give me the much needed anser. Thanks.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the normal processing time according to CIC has passed then you can call the call centre at 1-888-242-2100

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
kingyombo said:
Hi,

I landed in Manitoba 9 weeks ago and I was told at the border that my PR card will be mailed to me between 6 - 8 weeks. Its now 9 weeks and I have not yet received it.
How can I confirm when I will get it and the cause of the delay. I already have my health card and my PR card.
many thanks.
the current processing time for new PR cards is 39 calendar days according to CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp), so its time to take action, contact them and see whats happening

Jedi3000

May 7, 2013
My PR card was also late.

I called up Immigration Canada after waiting got the card in the mail for 4 months. Then I found out that the photo I sent for the card was no good, so I went in to the immigration Canada service office in Toronto and retook the photo and they send the PR card to me about 2 weeks later.

kingyombo

Sep 7, 2012
Thank you again guys. I have called that number for PR card issues endlessly. Its either they keep me on hold or they don't pick up. There is no email address to send mail to. and there is no information on the status of my PR Card on my profile on the CIC website.

What else can I do. I need my PR card to travel and I don't want to get a travel document.

I also discover the address they have on my profile on the CIC website is different from the one I supplied on the day I became a landed immigrant.

I keep wondering if my PR card has been sent to a wrong address and there is no how I can confirm.

Some one please help and tell me what else I can do.

Thanks always good people.

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
kingyombo said:
Thank you again guys. I have called that number for PR card issues endlessly. Its either they keep me on hold or they don't pick up. There is no email address to send mail to. and there is no information on the status of my PR Card on my profile on the CIC website.

As of May 29, 2013 the "average" processing time for processing new PR cards is 63 calendar days:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

If you're over 63 days, then keep calling! If not, I think you need to wait (sorry!).

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
kingyombo said:

What else can I do. I need my PR card to travel and I don't want to get a travel document.

I also discover the address they have on my profile on the CIC website is different from the one I supplied on the day I became a landed immigrant.

I keep wondering if my PR card has been sent to a wrong address and there is no how I can confirm.

you can contact CIC at the following email address: question@cic.gc.ca

send them an email and explain what has happened to you, i read in the link below that you can also ask for an in-person appointment - or they could advise you to come in person if necessary.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

Good luck