+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last questions before submitting or waiting

Desert Rose

Apr 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.

So we finally finished the Outland PR application, did the medical, and all that.

Going over hubby's checklist again I see that his FBI clearance shows No Record but the date says December 21st 2010, and if I read correctly the CIC wants within three months? We re-submitted another FBI record request just in case since it's only $18 US, but is it okay to send in the app to Mississauga now and send the newest clearance when we get it? We've attached a note to the one that's currently in the application stack saying another request has been submitted for FBI clearance -- and if it makes any difference he requested expedite on the FBI clearance form.

If they decide to return it as incomplete, does the $1040 we paid and the receipt we attached go out the window and/or delay us?

I don't really want to wait another month or two to submit, but if it's going to cost us big on the application, unfortunately might have to play it safe. Thank you for reading this, and I would appreciate any feedback!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I saw in another thread where an application was accepted with an FBI report that was about 10 days past the 3 months' deadline, and sent to Buffalo after the sponsor was approved. Since you have requested a new one already, I would say you can take the chance and go ahead and submit the application. The cover letter should get some consideration for you. If they return it as incomplete for you to get the new one and send it back, your fees do not go out the window.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Yes, it's okay to submit the application with the "old" FBI - they are not going to return it for that, and even if they did, you would most certainly not lose your $1040 in fees. Do include a cover letter saying that you've ordered an updated FBI - DON'T staple it to the FBI clearance letter! Don't send the new FBI to CPC-Mississauga, though - it will need to be forwarded to Buffalo, but wait to forward the new one until you actually have an Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) from Buffalo, and your file number. Otherwise it will most certainly be lost and you'll have to start over again. You will probably receive a request from Buffalo for a new FBI anyway - that request should come by letter within a week or so of the AOR, after they complete the initial assessment of the ap and determine that the FBI you submitted is old.

Desert Rose

Apr 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the responses!

I've tried finding something about a PR cover letter, with no luck, but we did do a letter placed in front of the FBI paper or rap sheet or whatever it's called explaining that we have sent off for another and that we would forward it to them as soon as we got a file number. Do you think that's good enough?

And with that, will send it off and start the timeline! Thank you yet again!

Edit-- also only used paper clips and small steel binder clips to hold our stuff together. No staples at all unless it was receipts stapled to part of another paper when given to us. :)