+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Last entry date on COPR written same as original entry date, should I correct it

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I received my copr and found that last entry date is written same as original/first entry date into Canada. But I have taken so many trips outside Canada in past 3 years. Do I need to contact IRCC to correct it or its they way it is.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
SecularFirst said:
I received my copr and found that last entry date is written same as original/first entry date into Canada. But I have taken so many trips outside Canada in past 3 years. Do I need to contact IRCC to correct it or its they way it is.
You can amend it later. In the current citizenship rule, it doesn't matter but in case the rule changes so you should have it amended before citizenship application.
btw, I'm in the same boat and it's a very common mistake by ircc.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
One more question, I am planning to do landing this weekend and I have a short trip to US coming up next month. I want to know if I will be available to cross the border with COPR only on my return as I won't be having PR card?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
SecularFirst said:
One more question, I am planning to do landing this weekend and I have a short trip to US coming up next month. I want to know if I will be available to cross the border with COPR only on my return as I won't be having PR card?
If you cross the border by land in private vehicle then COPR will be enough. You will need pr card only if you fly or use commercial vehicle.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Actually I am going to Dallas from Vancouver and planning to take flight from Seattle as driving to Dallas wouldn't be an option. I am thinking of getting shuttle bus from Vancouver to Seattle airport. I did that few months ago and they never checked or asked for my passport or visa before letting me on the bus. Only border agents checked my documents when I was crossing the border both ways. I cannot avoid the trip coz it's for a school interview. I hope I can get back into Canada.

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
SecularFirst said:
My COPR also had wrong entry dates but I successfully landed On last Sunday. I told the border officer about this mistake and he said it is Ok. The only date that is important is the date which you become permanent resident.

pujan3103

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
SecularFirst said:
you dont have to worry about the last entry coz when you will land with copr your last entry will be that date. i had the same problem and officer told me your last entry date is today and you dont need to change anything. ONLY if your first entry is wrong you will have to amend it. tough you can confirm with the officer at the border.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
SecularFirst said:
Actually I am going to Dallas from Vancouver and planning to take flight from Seattle as driving to Dallas wouldn't be an option. I am thinking of getting shuttle bus from Vancouver to Seattle airport. I did that few months ago and they never checked or asked for my passport or visa before letting me on the bus. Only border agents checked my documents when I was crossing the border both ways. I cannot avoid the trip coz it's for a school interview. I hope I can get back into Canada.
Are you sure? AFAIK, you can't travel in commercial vehicle with copr.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
riasat.abir said:
Are you sure? AFAIK, you can't travel in commercial vehicle with copr.
As far as I have heard / read on forum, you can travel with CoPR unless you have landed with CoPR. Once CoPR is stamped it is not considered as valid document to enter Canada via commercial vehicle.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I wasn't asked to show any documents last time I took shuttle bus. Their website does says that if immigration doesn't let you cross the border coz of paperwork, you will be able to take the next shuttle bus back to your starting point. I can't avoid the trip so I guess I will have to take a chance.

Trangoo

Jan 7, 2020
Hi all,

i have received COPR letter with an incorrect date of last entry and original date of entry should i send back the documents for correction at CPC Ottawa?
Or the same can be corrected at landing?
I also send a note to IRCC using webform but likely they will respond in 5 business days

any suggestions would be helpful