+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language test - For Citizenship

jassileo4u

Oct 18, 2013
Hi,
I am a graduate from India in English Medium but none of my marksheets/transcripts say that my medium was English. Do I still have to give IELTS as a language proof?

Please advice.

Thanks.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Yes.

But it is not only IELTS. You can use other CIC approved tests. You can also give the same (expired) English language proof you gave for you PR application.

These two threads may give some more info you are looking for.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/celpipgeneral-vs-celpipgeneralls-which-on-is-acceptable-for-citizenship-t225942.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/does-anyone-here-sent-high-school-diploma-from-d-philippines-as-language-proof-t224480.0.html

LFer

Star Member
Jul 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a friend that doesn't really speak English nor French, he doesn't have any degree and thus cannot apply for citizenship...

He took the Celpip test and failed.. What should he do now? Should he enroll in an english school and take a certificate? will that be enough proof in the citizenship application?

Please share your thoughts

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LFer said:
Hi all,

I have a friend that doesn't really speak English nor French, he doesn't have any degree and thus cannot apply for citizenship...

He took the Celpip test and failed.. What should he do now? Should he enroll in an english school and take a certificate? will that be enough proof in the citizenship application?

There are a lot a FREE CIC approved language courses for Newcomers. He can enroll in one of them. If you re not sure which one,go to YMCA they will direct you.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
LFer said:
Hi all,

LFer

Your friend must remember its not just a case of getting language proof/certificate for the initial application. When he has his interview just before his test, his english/french will still need to be sufficiently good.

dadoki

Nov 22, 2009
LFer,

He has to go to language school. He needs to communicate in English/French anyway.

All the best

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
paw339 said:
LFer

Your friend must remember its not just a case of getting language proof/certificate for the initial application. When he has his interview just before his test, his english/french will still need to be sufficiently good.
Yes, he must be able to carry on a decent conversation in English or French with the interviewer.