+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Requirements for Citizenship Application

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Appreciate your help!
I tried everything to get a hold of my ielts but have failed. Hopefully these transcript should showcase as good proof for my language proficiency documents

thanks once again!
I don't believe any additional info needed to support that language of instruction was in English, at least from normal accredited post-secondary instiutions.

But: you are not clear here that you have COMPLETED a post-secondary program. I'm not certain that 'doing two years' in a program counts. (I'm looking into this for family member, even though he's done university education here, he did not complete program, and I think that means it does not qualify. But I'm not yet certain...)

You might consider for yourself whether it may be more efficient to just write the Canadian language exam, it's $250 or so, and if you get the needed score, there will be no question nor delay of your citizenship app.

Ajeet10

Apr 16, 2024
I don't believe any additional info needed to support that language of instruction was in English, at least from normal accredited post-secondary instiutions.

But: you are not clear here that you have COMPLETED a post-secondary program. I'm not certain that 'doing two years' in a program counts. (I'm looking into this for family member, even though he's done university education here, he did not complete program, and I think that means it does not qualify. But I'm not yet certain...)

You might consider for yourself whether it may be more efficient to just write the Canadian language exam, it's $250 or so, and if you get the needed score, there will be no question nor delay of your citizenship app.
I have completed two separate post secondary programs one course in 2018 and another in 2019 both in the same college Seneca north york.

I hold transcripts from seneca with all my scores in it which is fully printed out in english.

Ajeet10

Apr 16, 2024
I have completed two separate post secondary programs one course in 2018 and another in 2019 both in the same college Seneca north york.

I hold transcripts from seneca with all my scores in it which is fully printed out in english.
From what i am looking at is post secondary education are courses that can run from 1 - 3 years

some colleges offer 1 year programs some 2

in my case i finished my first post secondary education program in 2018 then studied another post secondary education program in 2019 and completed both with official transcripts.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

If you have completed the courses, then I don't think there should be any trouble. From what I can tell, an¥way.