+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof for Citizenship : Secondary or Post-Secondary Program in English

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All...I am starting my citizenship application process and have a question regarding the language proof..my wife did her Graduation and Post Graduation from India and the certificates are in English but in her certificate it's not specifically mentioned that these programs were in English...can we still use these as the language proof?...please share your experience...thanks

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
I did mine in the US and of course it was not written on it English as a language since it is the only language in US, in your case, do you have universities that teach in languages other than English?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi All...I am starting my citizenship application process and have a question regarding the language proof..my wife did her Graduation and Post Graduation from India and the certificates are in English but in her certificate it's not specifically mentioned that these programs were in English...can we still use these as the language proof?...please share your experience...thanks
You will need either a certified document from your University in India stating that the medium of instruction was English or an IELTS / CELPIP result. My wife had to take the test here for the same reason.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I did mine in the US and of course it was not written on it English as a language since it is the only language in US, in your case, do you have universities that teach in languages other than English?
Hey, what did you end up doing? Applied for citizenship by providing your US degree transcripts and diploma?? If yes, was it accepted?

rajakaali

Dec 6, 2017
Hello - I am in the same situation. Wife did bachelors and masters in India. I am thinking of providing, WES report, Transcript and Diploma. Let us know if you have any updates