+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof - CELPIP

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hello
To whoever applied for Citizenship with CELPIP test results:
Did you enclose the original (CELPIP sent 2 copies) or photocopy of the result?
Per CIC application, Copy is OK. Just wanted to reconfirm...

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manianz47 said:
Hello
To whoever applied for Citizenship with CELPIP test results:
Did you enclose the original (CELPIP sent 2 copies) or photocopy of the result?
Per CIC application, Copy is OK. Just wanted to reconfirm...
Just send one original to CIC and other one for your file..

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I only sent a photocopy and everything is fine.

Unfortunately many folks on this forum tend to exaggerate in every single thread.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Photocopy is fine, original is fine whether it is sealed or non sealed,
The celpip itself has ID number and registration numbers and the CIC can access it online

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Two options, you can send a copy of your celpip result, but better to send an original since you have two, one will be sent and one will be with you for your reference, I prefer to send the original ,however, a sealed having two, I would not recommend you send the two in a sealed envelope as many people are exaggerating this thing, the result has registration number and code number so they can access your result online.

goraya_40

May 29, 2014
I done my celpip General LS I got 2H in listening and 3H in speaking it's ok for applying for citizenship plz advise me thanks

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
goraya_40 said:
I done my celpip General LS I got 2H in listening and 3H in speaking it's ok for applying for citizenship plz advise me thanks
According to CIC web site, you are OK:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#language

Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General test (CELPIP-G), (not the academic version) You must have achieved a score of:

2H or higher (3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5 or 6) in speaking and listening; or
CELPIP-General LS – a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the CELPIP general test You must have achieved a score of:2H or higher (3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5 or 6) in listening and speaking; or