+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language proficency test for Citizenship..??

rkmsnd

May 18, 2009
Hi All,

Based on the new Citizenship rules, we need to provide proof of Language abilities.

My queries

1) Based on the website..."Third-party test results that you already sent to CIC for a previous application as a Federal Skilled Worker"...I had cleared my IELTS (average score 7.5 in 2007) during my PR application. Can I submit the same score card for my Citizenship application.

2) Does my wife also have to give this exam..or it is only for the primary applicant like PR.

Regards,
RKMSND

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, both your wife and you must provide proof of Language abilities. IELTS valid within 2 years, so your score in 2007 will not be accepted.

ricoceliks

Nov 17, 2012
WORK PERMIT TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE IN EDMONTON

[flash=200,200][/fl

SITUATION 1:

been working in edmonton for four years since 2009 and I've been doing the same process of applying my work permits online. I have been extending my stay here,renewed my LMO and my work permits,ever since then I had no issues about it.

last january 2012 I extend my work permit as a team member and my work permit stated that my expiration is on nov.2013 because of my passport.

but just recently, my employer promoted me to a supervisory position and he had to do a new LMO for that. and that's what he did, my employer give me the new LMO for supervisory position last august 27 2012 and it's for 4 individuals for that LMO, and I applied online for that,I used to do it everytime I extend my work permit.

My employer spoke to me and the rest of us to submit the LMO online by august 31 2012,so that we can show him the reciept and that by the next paycheck he will raise us..so the 4 us Did that..
We waited for 62 days for the work permit for the supervisory position to come out.
But then I was worried because the 3 got theirs already just last nov.5 and I am still waiting for mine to come out and deliver via mail.

and...just this nov.14 2012 I've check my email and I got a message coming from CIC to check my CIC account, so that's what I did.
here's the message:
" NOV. 14 2012 -- YOUR APPLICATION REF.# ????? HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE CIC LOCATED IN EDMONTON FOR PROCESSING THE CIC WILL BE CONTACTING YOU WITH FURTHER INSTRUCTION IN DUE COURSE"

when reading this,the first solution that comes in mine is to phone CIC hotline.
I did phone CIC hotline and speak with one of the agent, he told me to wait for the local office to phone me for some verification.

SITUATION 2:

I applied FSW last October 2010 and received a message from CIO- nova scotia that my application for FSW was refused for some reason that I have to be in the NOC O,A,B category last March of 2011,
from time to time I check my FSW (file on line with the file code) there's no new to it, but last febuary 2012 I can't open my file online , so I think it was deleted because it was refused though..and they did not mail me back the doucuments that I send them,but they gave me back my money $ 550.

..JUST OUT OF CURUIOSITY, THE SITUATION 1 THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW , MIGHT HAVE BEEN BY ANY CHANCE BE CONNECTED IN THE SITUATION 2 THAT I'VE DONE BEFORE...

I am not really worried about how long would the local CIC edmonton will contact me and when will they do the verification for the work permit,.but the sooner the better right,..
I know I still have Nov.2013 to stay,.
but regardless, I am still worried if what are the things that are needed to verify.
Do I need to be interview or etc...

DOES ANYBODY OR ANYONE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE..?

Your Help to this matter is highly appreciated.. :D ;) ;D :)

thanks and godbless :-* :-*

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob469.asp (scroll down to Appendix A), it says that results that were used for immigration purposes are still valid for citizensship, even when expired.

Your wife will however have to take a test if she didn't before.

JohnyT

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
Med's Request
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
08-10-2012
Passport Req..
07-11-2012
Leon said:
If you read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob469.asp (scroll down to Appendix A), it says that results that were used for immigration purposes are still valid for citizensship, even when expired.

Your wife will however have to take a test if she didn't before.
1. Results of a CIC-approved third-party test done previously for immigration purposes (even expired) or done specifically for citizenship purposes: