+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing with non accompanying family members

fuz_dnz

Sep 3, 2016
Hello all,

I have received my PPR a few weeks ago and am currently waiting to receive my COPR. I have a spouse and a child who I declared as non acconmpanying since my points to receive an ITA would be lower. I am planning on sponsoring them once I settle in Canada.

I am planning on landing mid April if everything goes right. Would there be a problem if I land with my non accompanying family members?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
If you have declared them as NON-ACCOMPANYING, they can't come with you because obviously they will not have PR visa. But they can come with you on tourist visa for fixed duration..

fuz_dnz

Sep 3, 2016
ashwani.m said:
If you have declared them as NON-ACCOMPANYING, they can't come with you because obviously they will not have PR visa. But they can come with you on tourist visa for fixed duration..
Thanks for your response. I forgot to clarify that this is precisely what I would like to do (have them enter as tourist). But since they are flying on the same plane and would pass customs control with me will there be any issue with the officer? Could it look shady? Has anybody done this before?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
I don't think there should be any problem. we have families in US on green card and we traveled sevral times on tourist visa and never faced any issue.. You family has valid visa then they won't ask you a single question

triwizy

Dec 6, 2016
Inland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Yea - you shouldn't have any issue - one of my friends actually did the same thing last year and he was fine

fuz_dnz

Sep 3, 2016
triwizy said:
Yea - you shouldn't have any issue - one of my friends actually did the same thing last year and he was fine
Thank you for sharing your friends experience!

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
What if your family composition changed and you now fulfill common-law eligibility right before you received your PPR? What is required if your common-law partner is not accompanying you to Canada? Will this delay my time of receiving a COPR?