Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
??????????????????
VISA ISSUED...
????????????????????????????????????
LANDED..........
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Meya06 said:
1. You must land in Canada before the expiry date, which appears on your Canada Immigration Visa. Usually, the expiry date is one year from the time medical examinations were completed.

2/3. No, not necessary but keep in mind, the primary applicant always have to land first then the accompany follow later or they can land together at the same time.

All the best
Thanks for the help, can you please let me know if there is any possibility that I can extend my entry in Canada. Will re doing the medicals help to extend my entry in Canada? Also can u pls point where you are getting this info from , any pointers on CIC site?

Thanks much

Dagdoba

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
??????????????????
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dagdoba said:
Thanks for the help, can you please let me know if there is any possibility that I can extend my entry in Canada. Will re doing the medicals help to extend my entry in Canada? Also can u pls point where you are getting this info from , any pointers on CIC site?

Also , is it possible to enter Canada and return back to native after claiming the permanent residence.

Since my PR application has taken considerably long time most of my work in native country is pending which I would like to finish before entering Canada for good.

Thanks much

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly, I knew that info from CBSA officer during my landing process, regarding extension of entry, I am not sure whether you can extend or not, you should contact and inquire to IRCC's call center or CBSA office.

However, once you landed you can leave Canada anytime you wish, but you must provide mailing address in Canada where your PR card will be mailed.

Note that, in order to maintain PR status, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period, that's means you can spend a total of up to 3 years outside of Canada during a 5-year period.

All the best

Dagdoba

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
??????????????????
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Meya06 said:
Honestly, I knew that info from CBSA officer during my landing process, regarding extension of entry, I am not sure whether you can extend or not, you should contact and inquire to IRCC's call center or CBSA office.

However, once you landed you can leave Canada anytime you wish, but you must provide mailing address in Canada where your PR card will be mailed.

Note that, in order to maintain PR status, you must be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5-year period, that's means you can spend a total of up to 3 years outside of Canada during a 5-year period.

All the best

Thanks so much. All the best to you too.

I`m outside Canada in Singapore , so not sure on how I can call IRCC directly I see only an tool free number given by them .

I have many such trivial questions but do not know whom to exactly contact and how from CIC to answer these questions for us.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
You can find how to contact cic from abroad here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/contacting-cic-call-centre-from-abroad-t63158.0.html