+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing query and status change

Rameshgmire

Feb 19, 2015
Married after issued landing visa under FSW. Not landed Canada yet. Still got some couple of months for landing. Shall I inform CIC before landing or can I land Canada, get PR first and sponsor my partner later? If I inform CIC now, how long will it take to include my partner and change my status? Will CIC stop me from landing alone if my partner do not wish to join me to Canada now?

Please help me out.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Rameshgmire said:
Married after issued landing visa under FSW. Not landed Canada yet. Still got some couple of months for landing. Shall I inform CIC before landing or can I land Canada, get PR first and sponsor my partner later? If I inform CIC now, how long will it take to include my partner and change my status? Will CIC stop me from landing alone if my partner do not wish to join me to Canada now?

Please help me out.
You absolutely must NOT land if you have a COPR designated as "single" and you are now married. You must immediately notify the visa office that issued your documents and get your application updated. They will ask for the COPR to be returned and your new spouse will have to undergo medical and security checks, even if your partner does not want to go to Canada yet. Repeat, do NOT attempt to land as single. You WILL regret it...

Rameshgmire

Feb 19, 2015
Thank you for your concern. I got you. If I report them now, will it be a problem for me.?Are they going to cancel my PR? Shall I need to re apply under another new programs or it will just extend my processing time?

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Rameshgmire,
you question has been answered already ;)
zardoz said:
They will ask for the COPR to be returned and your new spouse will have to undergo medical and security checks, even if your partner does not want to go to Canada yet.
There won't be any problem for you (unless your spouse is unadmissible which is surely not the case). It's only your relocation will be postponed untill you wife undergo all the regular checks.