+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Interview!

poohbear511

Nov 6, 2010
Hello,

I sponsored my husband through the inland process and I just received the landing interview letter today!

It will be held next Monday (May 2nd) and had a few questions concerning the interview.....

Since it's an "interview" should we both wear something nice?(like suits /business attire)

Also it said on the letter that my husband is allowed to bring an interpreter but does it have to be someone that is certified? Or would I count as an interpreter since I need to be there with him... BUT read somewhere that spouses cannot interpret and they will not be allowed in the same room.

We did request an interpreter when we did the PR application form but the letter didn't state that one would be provided for us. SO, i am not sure whether we should hire one..... ???

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poohbear511 said:
Hello,

I sponsored my husband through the inland process and I just received the landing interview letter today!

It will be held next Monday (May 2nd) and had a few questions concerning the interview.....

Since it's an "interview" should we both wear something nice?(like suits /business attire)

Also it said on the letter that my husband is allowed to bring an interpreter but does it have to be someone that is certified? Or would I count as an interpreter since I need to be there with him... BUT read somewhere that spouses cannot interpret and they will not be allowed in the same room.

We did request an interpreter when we did the PR application form but the letter didn't state that one would be provided for us. SO, i am not sure whether we should hire one..... ???
Can't your husband speak english at all ?!
Since it's landing interview I don't think they will ask him something that he cannot deal without the help of an interpreter. But if he can't speak english at all you'd better bring a certified interpreter with you. Maybe you should contact your local CIC office and check to see if they have a list of local interpreters. Good luck! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Are you sure it is a landing interview and not an interview for the determination of your relationship?
If you could type out a bit of what the letter says (omitting any personal info if it applies) and we could all help you more.

P.S. As boasorte has stated, if it is a landing interview, I can't see where it would be very necessary for an interpreter. But it would depend how much English he can understand on his own. They only ask you to verify that the information listed on the documents is correct, ask you a few questions related to admissibility, get you to sign a document, pay fees (if needed), and sometimes explains to you the rights of being PR. There really isn't much to it. But if he cannot understand that then maybe you could ask the local CIC office if it is necessary/recommended and if they could appoint one for you or point you in the right direction of one.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Are you sure it is a landing interview and not an interview for the determination of your relationship?
If you could type out a bit of what the letter says (omitting any personal info if it applies) and we could all help you more.

P.S. As boasorte has stated, if it is a landing interview, I can't see where it would be very necessary for an interpreter. But it would depend how much English he can understand on his own. They only ask you to verify that the information listed on the documents is correct, ask you a few questions related to admissibility, get you to sign a document, pay fees (if needed), and sometimes explains to you the rights of being PR. There really isn't much to it. But if he cannot understand that then maybe you could ask the local CIC office if it is necessary/recommended and if they could appoint one for you.
Sorry I took the liberty of going through 'poohbear511' past posts and that's what I found:

"So here's my timeline:

Application received June 4,2010
Processed August 18, 2010
Medical results received
Requested information received January 26,2011 (well they didn't actually request information.. I just sent extra info just in case they asked for more..so it wouldn't be delayed)
Decision made...(i don't know when the date was?)
Letter of AIP sent March 31, 2011
Letter of AIP received April 5,2011 "

I think it is indeed landing interview!! Congratulations!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I think I did remember their post but I was afraid of just assuming so, you know. I didn't have the time to go through post at the time I posted that. I had to do some chores around the house. ;)

But yes, CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family poohbear511. That is just wonderful!
Where will you be landing at? You had such a fast timeline. I would do as boasorte has suggested above for the interpreter.
Good luck.

poohbear511

Nov 6, 2010
boasorte: Yup it is indeed a landing interview =) and thank you!

Love_Young: thank you ~!

Well my husband can speak a little and can comprehend somewhat. Just want to make sure he doesn't misunderstand any questions because I know he will get nervous especially when he has to go in by himself.

Though my sister-in-law who got PR a few years ago said she got to go in with her husband and he interpreted for her.I don't know if they allow this now....

I guess he will be good on his own!
Thank you for all the information! =)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
poohbear511 said:
boasorte: Yup it is indeed a landing interview =) and thank you!

Love_Young: thank you ~!

Well my husband can speak a little and can comprehend somewhat. Just want to make sure he doesn't misunderstand any questions because I know he will get nervous especially when he has to go in by himself.

Though my sister-in-law who got PR a few years ago said she got to go in with her husband and he interpreted for her.I don't know if they allow this now....

I guess he will be good on his own!
Thank you for all the information! =)
You're most welcome. Well just in case you do have just a bit of doubt I would still contact the local CIC office just to be sure. That way it is one less thing to worry about. You must both be so excited though. :D

poohbear511

Nov 6, 2010
yes i will call CIC to make sure.

Oh yes to answer your previous post, my husband will be landing in Vancouver. FINALLY! :D

So I see that you are almost there too? Wish you the very best and good luck! =)

E

emmagail

Slightly off topic, but is it my imagination, but are the processing times alot quicker than what the CIC web site says for inland?

When my deemed rehab'd issue is resolved, being in Kitchener, will the time be alot quicker than 18months? The first stage seems to be longest, but even then, shorter than the 9months.

My daughters citizen certs were AOR'd, 24th March, and last friday, e-cas said the certs were posted out!, CIC states 9 months

With a bit of luck, the rehab part is quicker too.........

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
poohbear511: Yeah we only got a couple of weeks left but they are the longest ones by far. Thank you so much. I hope we end up as lucky.

emmagail: I know I haven't updated the chart yet (will at the end of the week) but you can tell by that they are always processing past that. Sometimes by only a couple of days (in a bad week) and recently before the long weekend, they were anywhere from 9-12 days ahead of what they posted on the site. I wish it would be like that again this week but I think if they are still 4-7 days ahead then that is still progress. Much better than in March when it randomly increased by a month. We were suffering ever since then but now they are catching up. But emmagail the second portion (after AIP) depends on personal circumstances. Some get AIP/PR at the same time, some get PR interview after waiting only a few months after getting AIP, and some others are waiting for 2 years after AIP for their PR interview. The second portion is up in the air and is dependent on how busy your local CIC office is and how long it takes for finalize admissibility checks.

E

emmagail

Love_Young said:
poohbear511: Yeah we only got a couple of weeks left but they are the longest ones by far. Thank you so much. I hope we end up as lucky.

emmagail: I know I haven't updated the chart yet (will at the end of the week) but you can tell by that they are always processing past that. Sometimes by only a couple of days (in a bad week) and recently before the long weekend, they were anywhere from 9-12 days ahead of what they posted on the site. I wish it would be like that again this week but I think if they are still 4-7 days ahead then that is still progress. Much better than in March when it randomly increased by a month. We were suffering ever since then but now they are catching up. But emmagail the second portion (after AIP) depends on personal circumstances. Some get AIP/PR at the same time, some get PR interview after waiting only a few months after getting AIP, and some others are waiting for 2 years after AIP for their PR interview. The second portion is up in the air and is dependent on how busy your local CIC office is and how long it takes for finalize admissibility checks.
Even months ahead! By site, citizen certs take 9 months, daughters done in a month! I was in Kitchener CIC recently, on mis-information from 1888-number, was told i could get deemed rehad'd there! The chap said its very fast, and if they need anything, its only 5km's from me!
Getting the AIP will be the nightmare over rehab, when i get the OWP, i don't care how long they take!, shouldn't be too bad, (once deemed) married 6yrs next Sept, with 2 children

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
emmagail said:
Even months ahead! By site, citizen certs take 9 months, daughters done in a month! I was in Kitchener CIC recently, on mis-information from 1888-number, was told i could get deemed rehad'd there! The chap said its very fast, and if they need anything, its only 5km's from me!
Getting the AIP will be the nightmare over rehab, when i get the OWP, i don't care how long they take!, shouldn't be too bad, (once deemed) married 6yrs next Sept, with 2 children
Well I am just glad CIC is moving on in general. I think it is either due to the elections or the upcoming summer. Either way, I am not complaining about the increase in speed. Best of luck emmagail. I think all of this will be much easier once we know we can work. ;D