AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
Today my husband received the following email :

Dear *****,
Unfortunately due to a system error on our part here at Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada we are going to have to cancel your landing appointment for 06/07/2016. We will contact you soon to reschedule.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank You,
IRCC (CIC) Halifax

Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?? I am hoping as they say they will contact soon to reschedule that there is not a problem with our application and they just aren't able to to do it that day. Have tried contacting the Call Centre, but can't get through at the moment (and they unlikely won't provide much anyway). Emotional rollercoaster this PR process!!!

Lons

May 15, 2016
Ugh, what a frustrating turn of events! I've been waiting (impatiently) for my own landing appointment, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. I'd try not to worry too much. If you sign into ecas, does it say DECISION MADE? Given that a decision has been made on your application, I very much doubt that the cancellation has anything to do with your application. They've finished processing and they've already made a decision, there is nothing left to review or process. I would take the letter at its word, a system error on their part unfortunately means they must reschedule.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
Yes, on Ecas it says Decision Made... so we are just hoping they will reschedule us soon!!

Reactions: rach_yyz

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
Just got off the phone with the call centre and they were absolutely useless... haha not sure why I even bother.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Wow that sucks!

We just got our landing interview letter today (not Halifax). That would suck to get another letter cancelling it. I'm sure they will get back to you soon with a new date. I see someone else on the spreadsheet got a landing letter today from Halifax local CIC with a June 30th landing date.

Hope you get rescheduled ASAP!

Canuck_Lover

May 28, 2019
AOR Received.
13-02-2019
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Hi @lauralee15,

Did IRCC reschedule the interview for your Husband's landing? and did they ever give you a reason why they had to cancel the initial interview? Thanks

Tant

Nov 17, 2017
hi, folks, I have the same case and i have been waiting to call me back one month !!!!!!